PDA

View Full Version : Can No Longer View Outlook.com Calendar Page.

StLouisMan2
2013-12-30, 00:43
I upgraded to SpyBot 2 a couple of weeks ago and it caused a lot of trouble with my Internet Explorer 9 browser on Windows Vista and my Internet Explorer 10 browser on Windows 7 (2 different computers). The proxy business for updating was the cause, but I finally got the settings right to work with my AT&T/Yahoo! email, calendar, etc. again; and my Outlook.com email, People and SkyDrive again. The Outlook.com Calendar is the lone hold out. It is now unstable in my IE browsers and causes them to close and reopen and finally to crash. What do I have to do to stabilize the Outlook.com Calendar page in IE 9 and 10? I have a hunch it is a security issue. By the way, I can view all web pages just fine in the Google Chrome browser. Please do not advise me to simply go to Internet Options and reset the IE settings. I have been in 2 different Microsoft forums and have taken that advice more times than I can remember. That doesn't fix anything.

Thanks,
Greg

Zenobia
2013-12-30, 15:38
The proxy business for updating was the cause, but I finally got the settings right to work with my AT&T/Yahoo! email, calendar, etc. again; and my Outlook.com email, People and SkyDrive again.
Could you tell me more about the proxy?Do you use a proxy,or is it the Spybot proxy?
When you open Start Center which version of Spybot is listed in brackets at the top?2.0,2.1,or 2.2,etc.

StLouisMan2
2013-12-30, 18:37
Could you tell me more about the proxy?Do you use a proxy,or is it the Spybot proxy?
When you open Start Center which version of Spybot is listed in brackets at the top?2.0,2.1,or 2.2,etc.

Zenobia,

Thanks for responding! I have SpyBot - Search and Destroy 2.2. With respect to the proxy, I meant that I had to be sure that I got the Settings for it correct. In short, I had to be sure that I selected the "Import proxy settings from Internet Explorer" option. I attached a screenshot of the proxy settings that I learned I must use to stop SpyBot from interfering with my seeing my AT&T/Yahoo! email and Calendar and Contacts.

Greg

Zenobia
2013-12-31, 13:07
You're welcome. :)

Do you use a proxy?

The import proxy settings from Internet Explorer is what Spybot is usually set by default in the beginning,when you install the program.
If you can remember,please tell me what happened when you changed the settings and why you changed the settings in Spybot.For example,was Spybot having trouble updating,so you changed the Internet Protection settings listed on the page.What did you set it to?
And after that,did you begin having the problems with AT&T/Yahoo! email and Calendar and Contacts?

Basically,please tell me the whole story about anything with the proxy,the whole shebang,even if it doesn't seem relevant.

StLouisMan2
2014-01-02, 06:17
Basically,please tell me the whole story about anything with the proxy,the whole shebang,even if it doesn't seem relevant.

It all started because I was unable to remove a piece of malware called Win32.autoloader.gen with SpyBot Version 1.6.2. I emailed SpyBot and they wrote back:

Hello Gregory Dolecki,

Please download the latest version of Spybot 2.2.
You can download the latest version of Spybot here:
http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/spybot-2.2.exe

Regards,
Robert
Team Spybot

So I uninstalled the old SpyBot from both of my computers and installed this new version. I did updates on SpyBot and ran scans and it removed the malware from the computer that was infected. I kept trying to check my AT&T/Yahoo! email that evening with IE 9 and IE 10, and both computers said something like they couldn't show that page. I was not particularly concerned because I thought Yahoo! might be having problems; according to an email I received, that was the day by which we had to make sure we had put certain settings into place for Yahoo!. Besides, other Internet sites were working like Twitter, Facebook, etc.

The next day I was worried because I still couldn't check my email. Furthermore I couldn't see any of the Outlook.com pages: email, Calendar, SkyDrive and People. Actually, I could see those pages, but they weren't stable in IE 9 and IE 10 and eventually made them crash. Late that afternoon, I called AT&T email support. They guided me through going to Internet Options for IE and in the General Tab, deleting the browsing history, etc. Then, going to the Advanced Tab and Restoring Advanced Settings and Resetting Internet Explorer Settings. That fixed everything for my AT&T/Yahoo! email which was all that I was focused on when I made the call. Later that day, I discovered that the Outlook.com pages were still unstable.

The next day, I went to the forums and started reading about SpyBot - Search & Destroy 2.2. That was where I came across a discussion of some proxy that SpyBot liked to use and how it could interfere with certain websites and what to do if it did. I looked at the current settings for SpyBot's proxy and realized that that was what had probably happened to my email sites. Apparently, the default installation settings were to use SpyBot's proxy because I recreated the mess with the AT&T/Yahoo! sites by just changing the SpyBot proxy settings back that way. By changing the settings back to the ones I gave you the screen shot of, I could see my AT&T/Yahoo! sites again. So I knew how to fix that problem if it ever came up again.

I worked with some people at The Microsoft forums for a week and a half to try to get the Outlook.com pages back to a stable configuration. I learned that none of these email site problems (AT&T/Yahoo! sites or Outlook.com pages) happened with the Google chrome browser. I also figured out that by disabling the XML HTTP 3.0 and XML HTTP 6.0 Microsoft Add-Ons on IE 9 and IE 10, I was able to make the Outlook.com email, People and SkyDrive pages stable. The Calendar page is the only one that still makes my browsers crash. Furthermore, if I try to fiddle with the Calendar page by restoring the page, etc. instead of just shutting down the browser, it will cause the Skype program to sign me out! Let me say that I'm signed into Skype with a Skype account as opposed to my Microsoft account.

It was at this point that I came to you. That last paragraph was all I learned (By myself, I might add) working with the Microsoft forum guys. They sent me to you. They don't like your SpyBot - Search & Destroy 2.2 program because that feel that with it's proxy use, it is too invasive. So here I am and I hand it back to you.

Thanks,
Greg

Zenobia
2014-01-02, 15:01
Thank you very much,that description is very helpful. :)

Yes,the Spybot proxy was causing some people to have problems.That was back when the Spybot 2.0 version was out.As I remember,there was an update released by Spybot with the 2.0 version to disable the Spybot proxy.
Since then,the Spybot proxy is not setup,by default,when you download Spybot 2.1/2.2,if I have recalled that correctly.
The default setting on the Internet Protection page is for Spybot to import Proxy Settings from Internet Explorer.
If there is no checkmark next to Use Spybot proxy on the Internet Protection page,then the Spybot proxy should not be active.
Please open Internet Explorer,click the gear at the top right,select Internet Options,click the Connections tab.If you don't use dial-up,then click the Lan Settings button.Is the check box next to Proxy Server unchecked? :)

StLouisMan2
2014-01-02, 19:23
:kboard:

Since then,the Spybot proxy is not setup,by default,when you download Spybot 2.1/2.2,if I have recalled that correctly.
The default setting on the Internet Protection page is for Spybot to import Proxy Settings from Internet Explorer.
If there is no checkmark next to Use Spybot proxy on the Internet Protection page,then the Spybot proxy should not be active.
Please open Internet Explorer,click the gear at the top right,select Internet Options,click the Connections tab.If you don't use dial-up,then click the Lan Settings button.Is the check box next to Proxy Server unchecked? :)

:oops:Yes. I'm sorry. I forgot to mention in my narrative that I go to the Connections Tab and check the Lan Settings to make sure that box is unchecked if the problem arises again. I don't know whether it was just a fluke or whether your memory is incorrect, but as I said in my previous post when I installed SpyBot - Search & Destroy 2.2, "the default installation settings were to use SpyBot's proxy because I recreated the mess with the AT&T/Yahoo! sites by just changing the SpyBot proxy settings back that way."

So here we are. I told you what the installation of SpyBot 2.2 did to my AT&T/Yahoo! email pages and my Outlook.com pages. I explained the work I did with the Microsoft Forums folks, and what I read in your Forums here, and what I was and was not able to accomplish. Please tell me what settings I must change or adjust to enable me to stabilize my Outlook.com Calendar page again in IE 9 and IE 10 running Windows Vista and Windows 7, respectively.:bow::surrender::hair:

Thanks,:wub:
Greg

Zenobia
2014-01-03, 00:09
I do see a SDDisableProxy.exe-20130618.lzs file in my Updates folder,and a SDDisableProxy.exe in my Spybot folder.Perhaps your Spybot proxy was being used if you did not get that update. :)

If the Lan Settings box is unchecked,then the Spybot proxy should not be affecting your Outlook.com calendar page,as it is not in use.You can try checkmarking Automatically detect settings up above the Lan Settings box and clicking Ok,just to be sure,though.

I know of no other settings within Spybot that would affect your Outlook.com calendar.