PDA

View Full Version : Restore quarantined files

Alan Slade
2014-01-01, 17:47
Good evening and happy new year.
Today I've scanned my system and deleted the files that Spybot found.
After that I tried to start Jdownloader but I could'nt do that because Spybot quarantined the program.
I tried to restore it by going in Quarantine with administrator rights, but when I try to do this, nothing happens.
Could you please help me?
Thanks

Zenobia
2014-01-01, 23:48
I tried to restore it by going in Quarantine with administrator rights, but when I try to do this, nothing happens.
Can you explain further?Does quarantine open?Is jdownloader listed in quarantine? :)

Alan Slade
2014-01-02, 12:04
Can you explain further?Does quarantine open?Is jdownloader listed in quarantine? :)

Here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8931966/quarantena.JPG
As you can see, Jdownloader is listed, but when I try to restore it, nothing happens.

Zenobia
2014-01-02, 14:23
Did you put a checkmark beside the listing of Jdownloader in quarantine before trying to restore? :)

Alan Slade
2014-01-02, 15:38
Did you put a checkmark beside the listing of Jdownloader in quarantine before trying to restore? :)

Of course.
After I check the list, the program "starts" to do something, because the cursor of the mouse changes shape (the blue circle), but nothing happens. I left it like this for at least two hours, but nothing happened.

Zenobia
2014-01-02, 17:59
This might not work,if there is something wrong with the items in Recovery.But it's worth a try.Try booting into safe mode,then trying to recover the Jdownloader entries from quarantine.
These are instructions on safe mode,in case you need them:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

If that doesn't work,the other options are to go to the quarantine folder and try to recover from there.The difficulties with that are that Quarantined items are password protected,you'd have to extract the Jdownloader.zip,and you'd have to look off your Spybot logfile to see where each item should go.

Or,an easier option might be just to reinstall Jdownloader,so that whatever Spybot removed should be replaced if you reinstall,barring unforseen difficulties.I'm not familiar with Jdownloader.

Alan Slade
2014-01-02, 21:23
This might not work,if there is something wrong with the items in Recovery.But it's worth a try.Try booting into safe mode,then trying to recover the Jdownloader entries from quarantine.
These are instructions on safe mode,in case you need them:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

If that doesn't work,the other options are to go to the quarantine folder and try to recover from there.The difficulties with that are that Quarantined items are password protected,you'd have to extract the Jdownloader.zip,and you'd have to look off your Spybot logfile to see where each item should go.

Or,an easier option might be just to reinstall Jdownloader,so that whatever Spybot removed should be replaced if you reinstall,barring unforseen difficulties.I'm not familiar with Jdownloader.

Thanks.
The fact is that I had at least 30 files already in download, and I think that if I reinstall Jdownloader I will lose them.
I've seen the file Jdownloader.zip but what is the password to unprotect the files?

Zenobia
2014-01-02, 23:24
You're welcome. :)
The password is recovery.
The quarantine folder should be located at C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy in Windows Vista and later.

If it is difficult to recover the Jdownloader files that way,you could also try going back into quarantine through Spybot again,rightclick the Jdownloader entries,and if Restore parts....is available,select that,then when the window opens,you could select one or two items at a time,then restore selected,to see if that works.That's worth a try,though when you tried to recover the Jdownloader originally,a window is supposed to open and ask if you're sure if you'd like to recover with different options.Since the window doesn't open for you,the restore parts window may not open as well,but it's worth seeing what happens.

Emerson Brasil
2014-01-15, 12:10
Thanks.
The fact is that I had at least 30 files already in download, and I think that if I reinstall Jdownloader I will lose them.
I've seen the file Jdownloader.zip but what is the password to unprotect the files?

I try all this, and I have hundreds itens. nothing works. the same case. I try and nothing happens.