PDA

View Full Version : Internet Help?

carto738
2014-01-09, 23:16
Hello My name is Logan, 1 year ago I got my computer which can more then handle some of the games I play, I also have 15mb download (supposably) and 1mb upload from Earthlink.

And 1 month ago I have been getting humongous ping and slow internet that makes gaming impossible at times, and sometimes it is ok. Usually in the morning I can play without ping over 150.

Sometimes in the day I can run less then 100 but then I get up to 600 ping strikes. On normal servers I used to get 60.

If any help is possible, would be appreciated.

tashi
2014-01-10, 00:43
Hello carto738,

1 year ago I got my computer which can more then handle some of the games I play, I also have 15mb download (supposably) and 1mb upload from Earthlink.

And 1 month ago I have been getting humongous ping and slow internet that makes gaming impossible at times, and sometimes it is ok.

Have you asked Earthlink about this? :)

What is the operating system and which security software do you have installed?

Best regards.

carto738
2014-01-10, 02:10
Hello carto738,

Have you asked Earthlink about this? :)

What is the operating system and which security software do you have installed?

Best regards.

They told me to reset my router and the usual stuff but it didnt work.

I Have malware bytes antimalware, Advanced system care (has a malware tool) and AVG plus my windows firewall.
Windows7

tashi
2014-01-10, 07:01
Hi carto738,

They told me to reset my router and the usual stuff but it didnt work.

If the computer isn't showing signs of infection it might be best to register at What The Tech and start a topic in this forum: Games (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=198)

A volunteer can help you troubleshoot and move the thread if need be to another forum there. :)

Best regards.

carto738
2014-01-10, 13:06
Thank you!