PDA

View Full Version : Win32.2UrFace.bho

samward
2014-01-10, 19:03
I have recently started a virus scan on Search & Destroy, I got a file pop-up on it saying Win32.2UrFace.bho after a while of the antivirus being up the PC crashed. I turned it back on in safe mode and I don't know how to get rid of it. I'm currently doing the virus scan in safe mode. Can I manually remove the virus? if so, how? I'm a computer dummy btw.

tashi
2014-01-10, 21:47
Hello samward, :greeting:

I'm currently doing the virus scan in safe mode.

Please let us know the result. :)

Best regards.

ammermer
2014-02-17, 17:04
Each time I do spybot this malware comes up, apparently nothing including, AVG is actually removing it. How can I remove it?

tashi
2014-02-17, 21:26
Hello ammermer, :welcome:

Please list:

Version of Spybot
http://www.safer-networking.org/
The operating system
Other security programs installed
Any issues with the computer's performance

Best regards.

ammermer
2014-02-18, 00:03
Hello ammermer, :welcome:

Please list:

Version of Spybot
The operating system
Any issues with the computer's performance

Best regards.

I found a previous thread and continued to run as admin, deleted a download that showed up in the individual searches that were listed and also ran another anti-malware. Somehow it dissapeared and is not showing up. Thank you. If it comes back I will post again

tashi
2014-02-18, 03:10
Thank you for letting us know. :)

DrBill66
2014-03-14, 14:34
My computer has this 'cleaned' every time I run SpyBot but keeps crashing and shutting down.

System is

Dell Inspiron 1525
Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron processor

Help, how do I get rid of this thing.

Bill

tashi
2014-03-14, 16:40
Hello DrBill66, :welcome:

My computer has this 'cleaned' every time I run SpyBot but keeps crashing and shutting down.

Win32.2UrFace.bho? :)

Please list:

Your version of Spybot

Also, did you elevate permissions to run Spybot - Search & Destroy? How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8? (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=55946)

Best regards.

davalum
2014-03-22, 20:25
I have a Win8 Pro machine that, according to SpyBot, gets this virus. I run a scan and it shows up. I tell SpyBot to fix the problem, run another scan immediately and it shows up again.

What's interesting is that when I got into the registry to find the virus, the location that it says the virus is at doesn't exist. And none of the other Malware security programs I'm running find this virus. Is it possible that it's a false positive?

Zenobia
2014-03-23, 01:23
I have a Win8 Pro machine that, according to SpyBot, gets this virus. I run a scan and it shows up. I tell SpyBot to fix the problem, run another scan immediately and it shows up again.

What's interesting is that when I got into the registry to find the virus, the location that it says the virus is at doesn't exist. And none of the other Malware security programs I'm running find this virus. Is it possible that it's a false positive?

Has Spybot been asking and then running at startup when you've been scanning?

mgfrench
2014-04-02, 00:43
I have recently started a virus scan on Search & Destroy... I'm currently doing the virus scan in safe mode. Can I manually remove the virus? if so, how? I'm a computer dummy btw.

Hello samward, :greeting:

Please let us know the result. :)

Best regards.

I had the same issues as "samward" and several others with the "Win32.2Urface.bho" malware. I ran Spybot 3 times and found the malware 3 times. Spybot could not get rid of it. So, I tried booting up in safe mode, then running Spybot. Spybot found it again, fixed it, and I was able to purge it from the quarantine file (which I hadn't been able to do before.) After booting the computer up normally, I ran Spybot one more time and ... TA-DA... the malware was not found again! BTW, I'm using Windows7 and the free version of Spybot. ;)

tashi
2014-04-02, 04:33
Hello mgfrench,

Scanning in safe mode allows the program to try and remove items that keep reappearing after a scan, despite having been 'fixed'.

Thanks for sharing your own experience. :)

Cheers.