PDA

View Full Version : Illegal System DLL Relocation

ray.toronto
2014-01-12, 19:53
Downloaded and ran the registered version of SpyBot w/AnitVirus - after the first scan I proceeded to "fix" all checked item. There were several !!

Since the first scan I continually see errors code pop up. All errors are similar: THE SYSTSEM DLL KERNEL32.DLL WAS RELOCATED IN MEMORY. THE APPLICATION WILL NOT RUN PORPERLY. THE RELOCATION OCCURED BECAUSE THE DLL DYNAMICALLY ALLOCATED MEMORY OCCUPIED AN ADDRESS RANGE RECERVED FOR WINDOWS SYSTEM DLL'S THE VENDOR SUPPLIER OF THE DLL SHOULD BE CONTACTED FOR A NEW DLL.

Several of these errors pop up whenever an application tries to run (Google browser, Cltrl Alt Delete, HP Scheduler, Control Panel, etc ....
Now whenever I reboot very litltle will function at all. Curiously however I am able to get on the net with IE but not with Google Chrome!

Need help to recover!

system info:
HP - Pavillion
MS Windows Vitsa Home Premium 64-bit
64-bit CPU / 3966MB RAM
AMD Phenom 8550 Triple Core Processor

Also - cannot run as administrator even though I am and the system clearly shows me as admin role. Also cannot run SETTINGS or STARTUP TOOLS under SPYBOT CENTER

Hope you can help

Zenobia
2014-01-14, 16:37
Hello. :)
A checks.logfile might show some of what happened.
Open the Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Report Creator,then once that opens,click Show Logs,look through for the checks logfile with the date when you did the scan and the problems started.(example:Checks.131221-0703.txt).Open the logfile,go to Edit,then Select All,rightclick,select Copy,and then paste it here.

To run spybot as administrator,please see here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-can-i-get-administrator-rights-under-windows-vista7/