PDA

View Full Version : I need help with the free home edition

christyloveskeith
2014-01-19, 22:30
I installed the free home version 2 days ago and done the initial scan... It came back in the results with 37 tracking cookies found... I did what it told me and got rid of all 37 cookies. So I thought I would scan again because I wanted to make sure I did not miss anything... So I scanned again and it came up with 1 result found so I clicked to show results page and nothing was there so I closed it out and today when I logged on to my computer I thought well I will scan again to ensure I am ok.... I scanned again and when scan finished it said 1 results found so again I clicked on the show results and again nothing was there... I am so confused by this and I am hoping someone here can help me... :confused:

Zenobia
2014-01-19, 23:25
I'm not sure if it will show in it where there was nothing on the results page,but there are checks logfiles created when you run a scan.You can look at your logfile and see if that has anything about what was found.
Open Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Report Creator,then Show Logs over to the right,then scroll down until you see the checks logfile with todays date appended to the end of it.
As an example of what a checks logfile with the date appended to it looks like,here's the name of one of my checks logfiles from December 21st of last year:Checks.131221-0703.txt
Doubleclick the checks logfile,and notepad will open.Does it have anything listed about the one entry found? :)

christyloveskeith
2014-01-19, 23:31
I'm not sure if it will show in it where there was nothing on the results page,but there are checks logfiles created when you run a scan.You can look at your logfile and see if that has anything about what was found.
Open Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Report Creator,then Show Logs over to the right,then scroll down until you see the checks logfile with todays date appended to the end of it.
As an example of what a checks logfile with the date appended to it looks like,here's the name of one of my checks logfiles from December 21st of last year:Checks.131221-0703.txt
Doubleclick the checks logfile,and notepad will open.Does it have anything listed about the one entry found? :)

This is what it displayed in the screen:
Search results from Spybot - Search & Destroy

1/19/2014 4:11:44 PM
Scan took 00:00:21.
1 items found.

Error: Service check: the Services.sbs file is missing. Please use the update to get a new copy!

DoubleClick: Tracking cookie (Firefox: Christy (default)) (Browser: Cookie, nothing done)

Zenobia
2014-01-19, 23:44
With the error message you got about Services.sbs and your short scan time,looks like you need to install the detection updates. :)
If you're on Windows Vista or above,please rightclick Spybot Start Center,select Run As Administrator,go to Update,it should go through a status check,once that's all done,click the Update button at the top,and install the updates.