PDA

View Full Version : Malware nationzoom redirects IE, Firefox and loads tons of ads

markski
2014-01-21, 20:18
I have nationzoom (nationzoom.com) on my laptop and I can not remove it. I have spybot Pro, revo uninstall with no luck. I've gone into the register and deleted all nationzoom listings and a lot of the ads and sites that it has installed but I can not get rid of this beast. I've worked on this for three weeks and it keeps coming back. It's planted itself and I can't find it. :sad:

I read the thread that you wrote for Linda and the tools that you told her to install. I have not done this to my system, should I? :confused:

HELP please!

Regards

MarkSki

tashi
2014-01-21, 21:28
Hello markski, :welcome:

I read the thread that you wrote for Linda and the tools that you told her to install. I have not done this to my system, should I? :confused:

Note that all instructions given are customized for that member's personal computer only, the tools used may cause damage if run on a machine with different specs/infections. Please do not take fixes given to another user and apply to your own machine.

To request assistance in this forum the FAQ includes guidelines in post #1 and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS and aswMBR logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs so a volunteer analyst may advise when available. :)

Best regards.