PDA

View Full Version : Spybot version 2.2

cancienne9
2014-01-22, 00:51
I recently renewed my license which involved installing version 2.2. This version automatically installing by default to 'Live' monitoring... Sounds great right? Well, once I did this you as usual re-boot your computer for all the changes to take affect. Instantly I noticed a slow down of all my programs opening and normal operation 'boot' times. It appears this 'Live' monitoring, screens all my transactions before they are executed. I proved my point by disabling the 'Live' option, thus things returned to what I know as normal speed or operation of my computer.

Okay, so can someone explain why this is true and/or what can I do about this 'Live' option of monitoring? I should not have to sacrifice a slow functioning computer to gain security. And trust me when I tell you it is not my imagination of a slower speed....

Please explain and/or point me to a fix.

Thank you kindly... (Unhappy owner.)

Chris C @yahoo.com

Robert333
2014-01-26, 03:41
Hello cancienne9,

"Live" monitoring is active protection. Since you should not have more than one antivirus protection in memory at the same time, you should choose which application you are going to use for this and disable all others that do the same job.

For example, if you have Spybot Search & Destroy with antivirus and prefer your antivirus protection from another vendor (such as Avast or AVG), then disable "Live" monitoring in SS&D.

SS&D is not causing your system to slow down as such, it is simply that you likely now have more than one protection in memory.
Having more than one protection in memory can cause conflicts and slow the system.
If for example, you disable all other antivirus protection to use SS&D plus Antivirus with Live protection, you should see the system run normally!

Please see:

http://www.safer-networking.org/live-protection/

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert.