PDA

View Full Version : Ignore Products list is broken in my installation

gridsleep
2014-01-23, 04:36
The Ignore Products list appears to be broken in my installed S&D. See the attached screen grab. There are no check boxes. There is a long list of items with a truncated line next to each one. No scroll bar to see down below. Clicking with the mouse appears to only scroll down while feeding the top line to the bottom. It doesn't appear to be working at all.
I wanted to see if it was Spybot that is removing my HomeKeyLogger program. I have HKL set as an exception in AVG antivirus, so I don't think that program is removing it. The only other program that runs automatically that I can check is Spybot. There is the Microsoft scanner that they keep foisting on us, but there is no way to tell what it is doing (wonder why they don't want us to know, or have control over it beside deny installation?)
So, does Spybot put the kybosh on HomeKeyLogger (which I use to back up everything I type--and because of its recent undisclosed removal I am royally pissed having lost some text I would have otherwise been able to recover when my browser crashed and I only discovered then that HKL was not running) and if so, how do I tell Spybot to leave HomeKeyLogger alone? Thanks to anyone who has a sensible answer.

Zenobia
2014-01-23, 05:19
There's a spyarsenal.homekeylogger listed in ignore products,so it's possible Spybot may have removed it,if that's the same product.It should be listed in recovery if it was,and you could restore it from there.
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/how-to-make-a-recovery/

The ignore products list used to look like this:
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4892/spybot5.jpg
Your's looks similar,except it looks like there's a lot more tabs.Try expanding to fullscreen,and see if it will let you select the All Products and show the white screen and let you select spyarsenal.homekeylogger to be ignored.

gridsleep
2014-01-23, 05:52
Thanks. I am a little surprised that that is how the Ignore Products page is supposed to look. I guess (looking closely) that it is rows of stacked tabs. I did have to expand the program frame to see the list of check boxes down below. Frankly, that's not very good design if the default setting obscures necessary information. Might want to work on that, guys. Add a scroll bar or something.
Also, spyarsenal.HomeKeyLogger is already checked. I guess it detected that I have it installed? Or perhaps, since I just reinstalled it, the installer may have checked it for me.

Zenobia
2014-01-23, 21:33
You're welcome.
I'm not sure if that's the way that ignore products is supposed to look in 1.6.2,since it's so long since I've had it.But I assume that's normal.

Ignore products doesn't work that way,it won't detect what you have installed.
There are some products prechecked to be ignored,though I don't remember spyarsenal.homekeylogger being one of them.
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/why-are-some-products-set-to-be-ignored-by-default/