PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 2.2 Freezes during scan results fix or during scan, even in safe mode

nicholashcanale
2014-02-02, 03:23
Hello

I have been using Spybot v2 for awhile now. Very recently, as in the last 2 weeks, spybot started freezing when i attempt to fix scan results. This was never a problem in the past. I tried running it in safe mode, and had the same issue. I tried upgrading to v2.2, same issue.

I am running Win 7 64, i7 quad core sandy bridge with 8gb RAM.

I scored the web looking for ideas but none seemed to correspond to this version of spybot. I noticed v2.2 freezes during the scan item windows explorer.

Am I missing something here?

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

bbnetwork
2014-02-03, 14:50
Hello,

what exactly where you doing on your Pc and in Spybot when it freezed?

Do you have other Security-Software installed?

Please also provide the Log from the Scan, where the Entrys, you tryed to fix, are found, so we knew what Entrys where found and which you tryed to fix!

nicholashcanale
2014-02-08, 23:52
I run weekly antivirus and spybot scans for good measure and to maintain a healthy computer. Any time I try to fix these, Spybot crashes on me and has to be forced quit via task manager. This has only started happening as of recently.

Where do I find the logs post scan?

Hello,

what exactly where you doing on your Pc and in Spybot when it freezed?

Do you have other Security-Software installed?

Please also provide the Log from the Scan, where the Entrys, you tryed to fix, are found, so we knew what Entrys where found and which you tryed to fix!

nicholashcanale
2014-02-09, 00:10
I figured this out. When I checked the logs like you recommended, I found there was always a problem with a folder i had in my sync folder. This folder did not need to stay in my sync folder, and once removed, application does not crash when fixing results.

Thanks!

I run weekly antivirus and spybot scans for good measure and to maintain a healthy computer. Any time I try to fix these, Spybot crashes on me and has to be forced quit via task manager. This has only started happening as of recently.

Where do I find the logs post scan?