PDA

View Full Version : How do I create a whitelist in the free version?

vernali
2014-02-05, 16:20
I have an app, given free in the app store in my browser (Chrome). It keeps telling me to change the settings in my browser so it can save game files. I changed them 2 days ago, and several times since (just in case I missed something). Something else is blocking it. I run Spybot 2.2, Zone Alarm firewall/antivirus. I have some AVG thing that won't delete, but it shouldn't be working. My daughter plays the same game, but has no problem. She uses Zone Alarm also and we share the same router.

If I could put this site into the 'whitelist,' than I could eliminate SpyBot as the culprit...HELP!

:confused:

vernali
2014-02-05, 17:08
I have an app, given free in the app store in my browser (Chrome). It keeps telling me to change the settings in my browser so it can save game files. I changed them 2 days ago, and several times since (just in case I missed something). Something else is blocking it. I run Spybot 2.2, Zone Alarm firewall/antivirus. I have some AVG thing that won't delete, but it shouldn't be working. My daughter plays the same game, but has no problem. She uses Zone Alarm also and we share the same router.

If I could put this site into the 'whitelist,' than I could eliminate SpyBot as the culprit...HELP!

:confused:

vernali
2014-02-05, 18:09
I'm trying a work-around. I'm looking through the entire app store for a different carrier that stores the games on their site, rather than mine.

I would still like to know how to use the whitelist, if anyone can tell me.

Zenobia
2014-02-06, 16:34
I don't think the whitelist in Spybot 2.2 would really be helpful to you for that.It's more to speed up scanning on a new computer.You can't manually just put one site into it.It's only offered for 30 days on a new system to avoid accidentally whitelisting malware:
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/why-did-the-whitelist-link-disappear-from-the-start-center/
This post shows how it's generally used:
http://discuss.howtogeek.com/t/spybot-s-d-2-whitelist/2683

I don't have Chrome installed just now,but a few people here have told me it isn't usually immunized.To know for sure,if you open Spybot start center,click Immunization(say yes to the UAC prompt,if applicable),click check system,then when that's done,click show details,and scroll through and don't see Chrome listed,then it isn't immunized.
And if you let me know which game it might be,if you're okay with that,it would help to check whether it's blocked any other way. :)