PDA

View Full Version : SpyBot and programs that run ads like Hulu...sorry if this is A REALLY BASIC question

kkehoe1
2014-02-08, 19:31
Hi,

I am new to the forum and honestly new to the inner workings of both SpyBot as a whole and anti-virus, anti-malware, well, anti-... so I will apologize if my question is really basic.:alien::confused:

I have Hulu on my computer and I use it frequently. It obviously runs ads as a means to provide their services and I have noticed since downloading the free version of Spy Bot that I am getting occasional notices that "if you are running an adblocking software, please enable ads for Hulu." I have searched for where to do this and I am having zero luck. Could someone point me in the right direction as to what to do about this issue. It is slowing the playback speed of Hulu and causing me to pull my hair out trying to figure out what to do to stop it. I did not have trouble until I downloaded Spy Bot (not that Spy Bot is bad or anything) and I just want to adjust the settings so it will stop WITHOUT my having to remove Spy Bot because I think it is an excellent program! Help Please! :):thanks::confused:

Sincerely Grateful in Advance,
kkehoe1 aka Kathryn

Zenobia
2014-02-08, 22:52
I can't stream Hulu in my country,so I can't go and see what might be up.
Spybot doesn't have an adblocker,so that shouldn't be the problem.
Hulu might need third-party cookies enabled to view the ads,possibly,though I don't see them mentioned on their page:
http://www.hulu.com/support/article/23211892

Which version of Spybot do you have,Spybot 1.6.2 or Spybot 2.2? :)

gproze
2014-05-30, 19:26
I am having the same issue as well. It has something to with Spybot SD Resident protection. Hulu does show adult ads. It only seems to do this in I.E. So, I would recommend either disabling spybot SD while watching hulu or try setting resident I.E. to "Ask for blocking confirmation"