PDA

View Full Version : spybot slows down browser connection to internet

clogdancer
2014-02-16, 14:06
after using the free Spybot for a while I have purchased the home Spybot..
Since installing it my computer is now very slow to open a browser and then very slow to connect to the internet.
Perhaps I could adjust the settings to overcome this
Any suggestions please.
My main antivirus is Norton internet Security.

Zenobia
2014-02-16, 22:07
Spybot Home edition includes Live Protection:
http://www.safer-networking.org/live-protection/

If you have Norton Internet Security,that also has real-time scanning.I think it's called Norton Auto-Protect.If you have both running in "real-time",then that might be causing the slowdowns you're seeing.It's not usually a good idea to have two antivirus "real-time scanners" running at once.

There are options to disable and/or uninstall Live Protection in Spybot,if you would like to.
Open Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings(saying Yes to UAC,if applicable),click the Live Protection tab,you can stop Live prtotection from scanning programs before they start by unchecking the checkbox there,and if you click Show Live Protection Advanced Control,you have options to deactivate it and/or uninstall.
And when you're done,you should also click Apply and Ok before closing Spybot,too.

(Oh,yes,nearly forgot,if you decide to Uninstall Live Protection,you can reinstall it from the Live Protection tab at a later date if you change your mind,uninstalling it is not permanent.)