PDA

View Full Version : New here & have no idea what to do! (ie Dasies on my Desktop?)

lotusgreen
2014-02-18, 04:42
I've run the spybot scan a few days ago. Just tonight, a box popped up saying something about some change had been made and did I want to allow it. I had no idea what it was talking about, something about my screensaver. I couldn't tell if it was saying something about something I had changed or if some change had been imposed on my machine. Foolishly, I assumed wrong, I guess and I believe I clicked "accept change" and then the box disappeared. Meanwhile my desktop and window boarders have turned all these horrible colors with daisies.

Can anyone please explain what just happened, what your popup meant, what I should have done, what I should do now, and what I should do in the future. By the way, I was on a website I'm on a lot, it's that of a museum.

Thanks.

lotusgreen
2014-02-18, 04:46
What I realized when I went to adjust my theme was that this Pink with Daisies theme was one of those supplied with this Windows 8 machine.

I'm still baffled by what just happened, though.

(could there be a keyboard shortcut to changing the theme that I accidentally might have it? and if so, would spybot be activated if I had done that?)

Zenobia
2014-02-18, 21:46
Sounds like the popup was teatimer:
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/what-is-the-resident-teatimer/

(could there be a keyboard shortcut to changing the theme that I accidentally might have it? and if so, would spybot be activated if I had done that?
I'm not sure.But,yes,that sounds possible.
If you rightclick the teatimer icon down by your clock,and select Show log,it will show you some info about it.When the logfile opens,you can go to Edit,select all,rightclick somewhere in the window and select Copy,then you can paste it here,and I can look at it,if you like. :)