PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!

martin7
2014-02-18, 23:41
I have been four hours on my system, trying to sort a proxy problem out for Spybot home professional addition.

Has anyone got any morphine PLEASE

martin7
2014-02-18, 23:47
today, I am a charity case

sorry

martin7
2014-02-18, 23:57
it says verify the current proxer server configuration

martin7
2014-02-19, 00:07
i'm a war veteran, does that help... i'm using everything I can muster

martin7
2014-02-19, 00:27
are there any tech guys about?

martin7
2014-02-19, 00:40
I think I bought the professional one for home use, accidently

martin7
2014-02-19, 00:52
it looks like my prob is simple to the majority of you... why can't you help?

Zenobia
2014-02-19, 03:41
If you're having trouble connecting to the internet,and it started when you downloaded Spybot,open Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings(say yes if you get a prompt from User Account Control),click Internet Protection,and if there's a checkmark beside Use Spybot Proxy,remove the checkmark,click Apply,and then OK,and see if you can connect now.

martin7
2014-02-19, 10:25
If you're having trouble connecting to the internet,and it started when you downloaded Spybot,open Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings(say yes if you get a prompt from User Account Control),click Internet Protection,and if there's a checkmark beside Use Spybot Proxy,remove the checkmark,click Apply,and then OK,and see if you can connect now.

Hi.. thanks very much for the reply.

I did as you said, and it still wont connect... it says, verfy the current proxy server confuration.

martin

Zenobia
2014-02-20, 02:37
You're welcome. :)

Try opening Internet Explorer.If you're using Internet Explorer 11,you should see a gear in the upper right corner of your screen.Click that,then Internet Options,then click the Connections tab.Click on the Lan Settings button.Is there a checkmark beside Use a Proxy Server for your LAN?
Do you know if you ordinarily used a proxy,before you downloaded Spybot?

martin7
2014-02-20, 11:06

Try opening Internet Explorer.If you're using Internet Explorer 11,you should see a gear in the upper right corner of your screen.Click that,then Internet Options,then click the Connections tab.Click on the Lan Settings button.Is there a checkmark beside Use a Proxy Server for your LAN?
Do you know if you ordinarily used a proxy,before you downloaded Spybot?

thanks, I'm on the internet by unchecking the tickbox on LAN. I wonder if I am safe on the internet now, because I have fiddled around with everything,lol
What do I do to check?

Thanks very much
Martin

Zenobia
2014-02-20, 22:41

It depends on what steps you did to try to reconnect to the internet beforehand.If you're anything like me,it was a bunch of stuff all at once,and you aren't too sure,hehe. :laugh:
Just think back to what you remember trying.For an example outside of Spybot,if you think you may have turned off your firewall or anything like that,check to be sure that's on.
For anything you changed in Spybot,you can mostly just click around and see.For an example,if you might have unimmunized,when you click immunization again it will probably prompt you that you ought to immunize.If you're unsure if you changed anything within it or not,just ask me,and I'll try to help. :)

martin7
2014-02-21, 10:39
great idea, and thanks very much... cracking on with it now

martin7
2014-02-21, 23:10
I have a service that hides my IP, giving me different proxy's. This isn't working now. It's going through the motions by itself, but not hiding my IP anymore.

Thank you if you can help

Zenobia
2014-02-22, 01:36
Would you be okay with telling me the name of it?That would help to try to see what might have gone wrong. :)

martin7
2014-02-22, 09:50
Yavul It's Easy-Hide-IP ... spelt the same.

Thanks very muchly

Zenobia
2014-02-22, 23:46
Thanks.I'm not familiar with that one.Is it something like Tor? :)
I couldn't find a complete match,would it be this one?:
http://download.cnet.com/Easy-Hide-IP/3000-2144_4-10714026.html

martin7
2014-02-24, 09:52
Thanks! That's the one.

Do you think it is good enough, or should I try something else?

Does Spybot do something too?

cheers

Zenobia
2014-02-25, 02:36
I'm very unfamiliar with it,so it's hard to say.I installed it for the trial,to see how it works,though. :)
It seems alright so far,mind you I've only had it for a couple minutes or so.

It's startup entry is at systemlookup,and it's listed as Users Choice:
http://www.systemlookup.com/Startup/23953-easy_hide_ip_exe.html
(You can see a description of User's Choice at the top.)

There are user reviews at download.com:
http://download.cnet.com/Easy-Hide-IP/3000-2144_4-10714026.html#rateit
You might want to read the editor's review on it,also.The review is a bit older(2012),but I liked that review best:
http://download.cnet.com/Easy-Hide-IP/3000-2144_4-10714026.html

From looking it over after my own install,when you unchecked the Use proxy in the connections tab,it should not affect it any.
If you ask google your ip address,it will tell you:
http://www.google.com
Just type in What is my ip,and Google will tell you.
If you type that without being connected to a country in Easy-Hide-IP,it should give you your normal I.P address,if you're unsure what it normally is.(If you have a static i.p.,your i.p address will always be the same.If you have a dynamic i.p.,it will sometimes change.)
To tell if Easy-Hide-IP is working,you could open Easy-Hide-IP,connect to the country of your choosing,check your i.p address on Google,and it should match the i.p. address listed at the top of Easy-Hide-IP.
If it isn't working,I noticed under Program Settings that there is a repair installation button.

No,there is no function within Spybot to hide your i.p. address.

How has your internet connection been? :)

martin7
2014-02-26, 23:23
You have been excellent with your help!

Phanx

Zenobia
2014-02-27, 00:44