PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is the right place to post a MSVCR80.dll problem?

Dave50
2014-02-25, 17:08
Well hello to all new guy here moderate computer experience i have something here that is driving me almost crazy
I do alot of photography using ZoomBrowser from canon a registered software because one of my cameras is the intended purpose so all legal anyway every time i try to open the zoom browser it closes right away and i mean it closes fast just long enough for me to see it then gone?
now in my event viewer i have this event code i have tried looking it up but the tech behind it all drives me more nuts lol,anyway i will post the event wording here.

things i have tried are as follows: reinstalling the entire program over the existing one i have not uninstalled it because iam afraid of loosing all of the photos i have in there which are seriously thousands upon thousands and some are of an event i did so i cant afford to really loose these anyway i will drop the words i typed out in the error
thanks for (any help) here
~Dave

Faulting application ZoomBrowser.exe, version 10.0.0.26, time stamp 0x4d916777, faulting module MSVCR80.dll, version 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp 0x4dcddbf3,exception code 0xc000000d, fault offset 0x00014bal, process id 0x4b0, application start time 0x01cf3229b1181eba.
event ID: 1000

tashi
2014-02-25, 19:32
Hello Dave50, :greeting:

things i have tried are as follows: reinstalling the entire program over the existing one i have not uninstalled it because iam afraid of loosing all of the photos i have in there which are seriously thousands upon thousands and some are of an event i did so i cant afford to really loose these

The photos in ZoomBrowser should be saved to a folder, mine is in Documents which I regularly back up to an external so I have a safe guard. :)

Faulting application ZoomBrowser.exe, version 10.0.0.26, time stamp 0x4d916777, faulting module MSVCR80.dll, version 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp 0x4dcddbf3,exception code 0xc000000d, fault offset 0x00014bal, process id 0x4b0, application start time 0x01cf3229b1181eba.
event ID: 1000

Search engines will bring up lots of topics regarding faulting module MSVCR80.dll so I will re-direct you to What The Tech for assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

Register and start a topic in this forum:Other software (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=124)

Best regards. :)

Dave50
2014-02-25, 20:03
Thank you very much for this i will head over there i do have 12 2 tb back up hard drives but didnt back these up? ouch i got it to work by opening another photo using zoom and it stayed on for a few minutes and as soon as i clicked on it the browser quit again? anyway thanks again for all your help and a very (quick) responce to this matter
I will post it over there
blessings always
~Dave

Hello Dave50, :greeting:

The photos in ZoomBrowser should be saved to a folder, mine is in Documents which I regularly back up to an external so I have a safe guard. :)

Search engines will bring up lots of topics regarding faulting module MSVCR80.dll so I will re-direct you to What The Tech for assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

Register and start a topic in this forum:Other software (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=124)

Best regards. :)