PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: "Product" During Scan

Teril
2014-02-28, 13:42
Greetings everyone,

I just updated to Spybot version 2.2.18.177 from an earlier version. In the former version all I saw during a scan was a green line at the bottom of the scan window indicating the progress. In this version the word "Product" is displayed and I see names of (I'm assuming) viruses/spyware, etc. that is being checked to see if it is on my system. The first time I saw this I panicked because I thought these were names of viruses, etc. that WERE on my system and some of them were very scary to say the least - ie. various names with "keylogger" in them!!

I didn't see any of those names in the scan results, but the names within the results are often mysterious looking. Just wanted to double check to make sure that, during a scan, when I see names like "keylogger" or "fraudpack" etc. show up beside the word "Product" that this is not something actually on my system.

Thank you in advance for any insight into this.

Zenobia
2014-02-28, 23:43
Spybot does it a bit differently,it doesn't show the files it's checking when scanning,it shows what it is searching for instead.So when you see names like keylogger and fraudpack flash by Product,it is just what Spybot is checking for,that is correct.
If any of those were on your computer,they would show up in your results list.

Teril
2014-03-01, 19:41
Thank you so much, Zenobia. I panicked a bit the first time I ran a scan with the new version of Spybot but since none of the baddies showed up in the scan results I "thought" that must be the case...juuust wanted to make sure.

Zenobia
2014-03-02, 01:52
Always good to double check if you're not sure about something.You're welcome. :)