PDA

View Full Version : Scan identifies 8 items to fix; when I fix them and check log it reads "nothing done"

discochk
2014-04-01, 17:57
New here, so please be patient with me.
Windows 8.
Running Spybot 2.2
Started on a brand new computer in January.
Do I need to be concerned?
Why do these 8 items never go away even after they are "fixed?"
Thanks in advance for your help.

tashi
2014-04-01, 20:57
Hello discochk, :welcome:

Did you elevate permissions to run Spybot - Search & Destroy? How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8? (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=55946)

Often that resolves such issues, please let us know.

Best regards

discochk
2014-04-02, 00:04
Thanks for the welcome and for the suggestion.

I had already run the scan as administrator by right clicking and choosing that option. Is there another elevation I should be using?
Re-ran the scan as administrator after your suggestion. Scan showed 5 results. Clicked "Fix checked items."
Ran scan again as administrator. Scan showed 1 result. Clicked Fix checked items.
Ran scan again as administrator. Scan showed 4 results. Clicked Fix checked items.

Ultimately, I have run the scan as administrator several times today, these same items keep coming up and are not fixed. In looking at other FAQ threads and messages in this community, I don't know if I need to be concerned about the specific items remaining....but I have a feeling I do. I would post what they are to help with the problem-solving, but I don't know if they contain any personally identifiable information that I shouldn't post. Would appreciate additional suggestions or relevant information.

I use AVAST virus protection.
Thanks again for your time.

tashi
2014-04-02, 04:28
Hello discochk,

In looking at other FAQ threads and messages in this community, I don't know if I need to be concerned about the specific items remaining....but I have a feeling I do. I would post what they are to help with the problem-solving, but I don't know if they contain any personally identifiable information that I shouldn't post. Would appreciate additional suggestions or relevant information.

So I know the specific items of concern you could sent me a PM (personal message) if you feel comfortable with that. :)

tashi
2014-04-03, 08:32
Hello discochk,

The log I looked at appears to be from RootAlyzer (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?46-RootAlyzer) ? The current version is included in Spybot 2.x.

I have moved your thread to that forum.

As you can see quite a few log results are here, one can view and edit out any personal details such as real names before posting. :)

I didn't see any visible issues. In general all items found by the RootAlyzer are not necessarily malicious but shows items which it believes to be out of the ordinary and may give a hint for an infection.

Some items will show up frequently because they are used.

Hope that helps.