PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with Slow Loading programs

abracadabra
2014-04-10, 15:59
Hi,
I am new to the forum. I have used the free Spybot Search and Destroy for a couple of years. Great product. A couple of days ago I purchased the Home Antivirus program. It is installed. What I am having trouble is,

After I boot and log in the computer loads all programs including internet connection terribly slow. Is there a way to speed it up.
Thank you

Zenobia
2014-04-12, 06:44
Would you happen to have an antivirus program installed on your computer,besides Spybot Home edition? :)

abracadabra
2014-04-12, 15:01
Would you happen to have an antivirus program installed on your computer,besides Spybot Home edition? :) Thanks for the reply. I had Microsoft's Security Essentials installed but uninstalled it before installing Spybot Home.

Zenobia
2014-04-13, 10:05
You're welcome. :)
Ok,it's not some kind of antivirus conflict.

It's possible there might be some slowdown because Live Protection scans programs before they start,so you might see a delay before the programs open.But that's the real-time protection part of Spybot,so it's not a good idea to shut it off or anything.

Do you use the Spybot proxy?

abracadabra
2014-04-13, 15:03
You're welcome. :)
Ok,it's not some kind of antivirus conflict.

It's possible there might be some slowdown because Live Protection scans programs before they start,so you might see a delay before the programs open.But that's the real-time protection part of Spybot,so it's not a good idea to shut it off or anything.

Do you use the Spybot proxy?

Firstly, thank you for the reply and concern. I guess I figured it out late yesterday that Home is scanning at start up. I was not used to that with Essentials. I don't know what a Spybot proxy is so I probably don't use it. Because of the delay at start up I thought that I might have it installed wrong. So it's doing it's job and I am happy for you help.

Zenobia
2014-04-14, 01:54
You're very welcome. :)