PDA

View Full Version : Immunization NOT complete - 193 still unprotected.

NewTechie
2014-05-05, 16:27
Running windows 8.1 and spybot can't immunize the last 193 items. I have read over and been through the help section... and have disabled all protection. I have right clicked to use administrator rights... but still can't immunize the final 193. I rebooted after shutting everything down and it didn't work. I have NO browsers open....

The help file has been no help...

Any suggestions?

Zenobia
2014-05-06, 09:02
Going by the 193 number,I wonder if it's cookies in one of your browsers that weren't immunized?On the immunization page(after the immunization test is over),click show Details.Which section of immunization is showing as unimmunized or only partly immunized? :)

DocCovington
2014-06-30, 21:08
I am having the exact same issue!

Going by the 193 number,I wonder if it's cookies in one of your browsers that weren't immunized?
It's the Opera Cookies. For some reason, they cannot be immunized.

Does anyone know how to circumvent the problem? :confused:

Thank you in advance.

Zenobia
2014-06-30, 21:39
Does anyone know how to circumvent the problem?
No,I don't.When somebody asked another question on here,I downloaded the Opera browser,and I couldn't get the cookies to immunize either.
I see the latest Opera is fairly new,so I assume they may have changed the location of whatever and where-ever the file for blocking Opera cookies is(I'm not real familiar with Opera,so I couldn't figure out which file that was.),and Spybot no longer knows where it is located,either.

DocCovington
2014-07-01, 17:52
I thought as much. Thanks. :thanks:

Zenobia
2014-07-01, 20:10
You're welcome. :)

ann000
2014-10-30, 16:45
I've been getting this same error for several months now. Running Win 7 home premium SP1, Opera 25.0, Spybot+AV home 2.4.40 run with admin privileges. I've tried to locate where Opera is presently storing its cookies to delete them manually but have so far been unsuccessful. Seems odd that Spybot developers wouldn't know where they are though...

Zenobia
2014-10-31, 01:04
Seems odd that Spybot developers wouldn't know where they are though...
When I was looking for possible reasons why Opera cookies weren't being immunized,I believe I found it mentioned on here somewhere that the location in Opera where cookies would be blocked changes frequently,or that's the general gist of what I read,as I recall. :)

ann000
2014-12-23, 18:11
From the Opera support site, the program's install paths are listed in the About Opera window. For me the personal data path was C:\Users\AZ\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera\Stable. The program cookies appear to be in a file called Cookies (very tricky! ;)) which probably requires Opera to open (Wordpad shows gobbledygook). So maybe the cookies are inaccessible to other apps. The "193 still unprotected" error seems odd in this regard--as the number is always the same it probably isn't referring to actual cookies, the number of which would change over time, but something else?

Zenobia
2014-12-24, 03:44
The 193 still unprotected is referring to the amount of cookies Spybot has listed to block.So 193 cookie immunizations,as it were. :)

hiddengerbil
2015-05-23, 19:09
I have exactly the same number and issue. I have looked for these mysterious 193 cookies in the hidden folders for Opera and I do not find them. This issue is dragging on, so can Spybot respond with their take on this problem?

MoreOn
2015-09-12, 02:29
Hi.

I think that this is the best place so far to ask my question:

I just did a clean install of Win10 and I have never had Opera on this computer. The 193 Cookies are Malware/Virus (Don't even know the right term) related/residues. Spybot was also showing that I have Opera on my computer until I managed to get rid of the malware with AdwCleaner (Spybot scans didn't show that anything was wrong). I noticed that it was malware because when I was using Firefox it kept on opening new tabs and pages all the time. 100% sure that it was a malware/virus I got because I did some urgent googling with unprotected pc for a few minutes and then the problems really started.

AdBlock didn't work with this problem maybe because some updates always failed before I could remove the problem so maybe the person who asked the first question has AdBlock or something similar up to date so he/she can't se the really irritating commercials? I'm not good with computers but for sure the 193 are not associated with Opera browser and there is at least some peaple asking the same question in different forums.

But anyhow it seems to be OK for now (had to delete one folder manually though after AdwCleaner. Still I really would like to get rid of those 193 "things" on my computer that definitely don't belong there even though they don't seem to be causing any problems anymore.

It is possible that it was Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that solved the problem with the Malware/Virus because I'm not sure anymore but definitely Spybot couldn't solve the problem even though I ran it like 3 times with different setting and in Safe Mode etc.

I would really like to get rid of those because It's enough for me that there is all the big tech company's spying on me so I just don't wanna even have a possibility that there's one more instance illegally spying on me.

Pleace can someone help?

(corrected some language mistakes)

Edward27821
2015-09-19, 05:08
Not just the 193 for me.
234607 of 374632 entries are already immunized, but 140025 are still unprotected! Flock and SeaMonkey.
How can I locate and delete these entries?

Edward27821
2015-09-21, 04:17
Not just the 193 for me.

234607 of 374632 entries are already immunized, but 140025 are still unprotected!

386 (193 each) in Flock and SeaMonkey are cookies.
After running several times the other numbers decreased .
"281282 of 374632 entries are already immunized, but 93350 are still unprotected!"
15494 in each of the 3 categories (Images, installations, and popups) in each application.

Guess that a seasoned reply cannot be edited... Wonder why???

Edward27821
2015-10-05, 19:22
Not just the 193 for me.
234607 of 374632 entries are already immunized, but 140025 are still unprotected! Flock and SeaMonkey.
How can I locate and delete these entries?

Run immunization then select show details.
Unselect all except the unprotected items.
Open the offending program (browser or client)
Reapply immunization

Edward27821
2015-10-05, 20:08
When a program is uninstalled, entries are removed from the registry and a few files are deleted. Traces of the application often remain throughout the system (possibly leaving a hidden cookies file :devil: ). This is especially true with items that allow a free trial.

When removing software from your computer, it is a good idea to use an external "Power Uninstaller" tool. There are several that work quite well. Generally; any of these tools uses the program's built-in uninstaller, and then performs a power-scan for residue.

Edward27821
2015-10-05, 22:51
Reapply immunization

Seems ODD that other browsers must be closed for immunization to work and these 2 (SeaMonkey and Flock {maybe Opera as well}) must be open... "Go figure"...

Same issue reappears later. Strange...

Edward27821
2015-10-05, 23:10
Reapply immunization

Issue returns when Flock and/or SeaMonkey is closed. So this is not a real solution.

Does anyone from SpyBot monitor this forum Thread? Is there any actual support?

tashi
2015-10-06, 11:21
Hello,

Guess that a seasoned reply cannot be edited... Wonder why???

FAQ:

Can I edit my own posts?

In the Malware Removal Forum, members may not edit their posts.
In the Spybot-S&D forum and others, there is a 15 minute time frame to edit one's post. It lessens the chance of an answer referring to things the original poster has deleted.

For anyone who is unsure, cookies can usually be handled in one's browser settings.
For instance in Firefox> Options> Privacy. Also check> 'Tell sites I do not want to be tracked'.

I will leave a note for the team to ask if they have any further input to this thread here: Various reasons for incomplete immunization (https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?36272-Various-reasons-for-incomplete-immunization)

Kind regards.

Edward27821
2015-10-13, 06:18
I will leave a note for the team to ask if they have any further input to this thread here: Various reasons for incomplete immunization (https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?36272-Various-reasons-for-incomplete-immunization)

Kind regards.

@ tashi, You're awesome!

BRNRDS
2015-10-23, 19:17
Still don't understand how I could protect that cookies from Opera which indeed showed the 193 (just as firefox, but that is solved)
Or should I neglect them? Unchecked

Edward27821
2015-10-27, 14:10
The 193 still unprotected is referring to the amount of cookies Spybot has listed to block.So 193 cookie immunizations,as it were. :)

I do not comprehend what you stated. Is this an answer? or a redundant statement?

Edward27821
2015-10-27, 14:30
For anyone who is unsure, cookies can usually be handled in one's browser settings.
For instance in Firefox> Options> Privacy. Also check> 'Tell sites I do not want to be tracked'.

Kind regards.

Can't seem to locate in SeaMonkey (identified in SpyBot as "Mozilla") nor Flock.
Seamonkey = Edit> Preferences> Privacy & Security > Cookies > Then what?
Flock = Tools > Options > Privacy ? Then what?

thegreatloki
2015-10-27, 22:25
im having a very similar issue, but this is what is says "298201 of 376129 entries are already immunized, but 77928 are still unprotected!" i have tried several times, ran as admin even went put all the exe files in the spybot folder on the exception list and same result. im running win vista sp2 and have trend micro maximum security titanium edition.

really could use some help here. thanks

Edward27821
2015-11-02, 04:47
Following is the message they sent:

Please send screenshots of the error message / files / adware / you are referring to.

See the following links for more information on how to take a screenshot:

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

Thank you.

Spybot should be able to detect and remove it if it is a known threat in Spybot's database.

- Please open Spybot by right clicking on the icon and choose "Run as administrator".

- Please update Spybot before performing a Scan.

You could also try performing a scan in Safe Mode.

Please see the following links for more information on entering Safe Mode.

Windows 10
http://www.7tutorials.com/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

Windows 8:
http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

Windows 7:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/safe-mode-windows-7.htm

Windows Vista:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/safe-mode-vista.htm

Windows XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx?mfr=true

If Spybot cannot detect or remove this threat, it is likely that you have a new threat or a new variation of a known threat.

We recommend consulting the malware removal section of our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?22-Malware-Removal

You can also try some of the following:

Open the Control Panel and uninstall any suspicious or unwanted free-ware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that was recently installed.

To view the most recently installed programs, you can click on the “Installed On” column to sort your programs by the installation date.

Scroll through the list, and uninstall any unwanted or unknown programs.

You can then remove the add ons or extensions from your browser(s) and also change your default search and homepage back to its original settings.

Please restore your browsers:

Internet Explorer

- Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.

- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.

- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.

- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.

- Close and open Internet Explorer.

Mozilla Firefox / Seamonkey

-At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.

- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.

- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.

- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish

Google Chrome

- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.

- Select Settings.

- Click Show advanced settings and find the "Reset browser settings” section.

- Click Reset browser settings.

--
Regards,
Niall
Team Spybot

If this answer was helpful, please consider a voluntary donation
for our otherwise free support and software. To donate, go to
--> http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/donate/
Spybot-Search & Destroy Home: http://www.safer-networking.org
Spybot-Search & Destroy Forum: http://forums.spybot.info

Edward27821
2015-11-08, 02:54
[COLOR="#A52A2A"]...

If this answer was helpful, ...

Nope.
Screenshots:
You can see that although processed the items in Flock and SeaMonkey (Mozilla Owner) are still unprotected.

Edward27821
2015-11-08, 03:46
The reset button is not on the Troubleshooting page. Unable to attach the xhtml file

wrcsUK
2020-06-21, 01:13
So, here we are in anno domini 2020 and *still* SpyBot SD refuses to immunize (some) Opera cookies.
The "unprotected" count now stands at 194 (as opposed to 193 when this thread began back in the mists of time).
There must be way more than 194 cookies cluttering the Opera universe (stick any number of zeros on the end of 194) so what's so special about this particular group?

This has been an issue for almost seven years and it *still* has not been resolved.
The first and only question is "Why?"

This post is here just in case an SB developer happens to drop by and read it *and then provides an explanation (or goes to work out a fix)*. So please don't dilute the message with replies that don't help (thanks in advance).

chestr
2023-02-04, 00:43
I am having the exact same issue!

It's the Opera Cookies. For some reason, they cannot be immunized.

Does anyone know how to circumvent the problem? :confused:

Thank you in advance.

I have the same issue..196 still there no matter how many times I immunize.

PepiMK
2023-02-08, 08:34
A typical issue is that the affected browser is currently open. In that case, two programs are using the database of the browser, and the browser will win because Immunization is only accessing it for a short time.

Can you confirm this is, or is not, the case please?