PDA

View Full Version : sbNet Errors in Event Viewer

xxyyz
2014-05-06, 01:29
Every time the SBS&D services start, 3 errors appear in the Aplication Event Viewer - 2 from the Scanner Service and 1 from the Update Service. The 3 messages are identical except that the port number varies.

The description for Event ID ( 100 ) in Source ( sbNet ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Source: 127.0.0.1
URI:

WinXP/Home/SP3, Spybot 2.3 Free, NO network, NO server, NO business association. Did not happen on SB1.6 or 2.2.

ATL Girl
2015-09-25, 16:28
It's been a year and today Im searching for an idea of why so many sbNet messages in the Application section of Event View but nobody's answering. I would like to disable these messages but not sure where in SpyBot they're originating -- can't find anything in my computer files or registry. It would be nice if someone could address these messages and how to disable/prevent them.

PepiMK
2015-09-29, 13:47
There's no way to avoid these status messages. They're not nicely formatted, but other than that, they're the same as many other status messages in the event log.

I've written us a reminder to make this optional through a group policy for Spybot 3 though :)