PDA

View Full Version : An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates!

jakeoliver84
2014-05-16, 14:48
Ok... I own home edition.

Haven't had any issues until today when I attempted to update.

Get the message "An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates"

What's up with that??????

tuckernut
2014-05-16, 15:05
I am having the same problem with Pro2.3 and because of it, I cannot do a scan!

Ok... I own home edition.

Haven't had any issues until today when I attempted to update.

Get the message "An Error Occured During Antivirus Updates"

What's up with that??????

phurry
2014-05-16, 17:45
:sad: I just paid for a license for the Spybot + Antivirus 2.3 and installed it. Now I get "An Error Occurred During Antivirus Updates," and doing the malware updating yields a "Missing Signatures" notice that will not go away. Like tuckernut, I also cannot run a scan. I am very displeased and would like to find out how to fix this or get my license fee back.

tashi
2014-05-16, 18:40
Hello phurry,

A ticket has been submitted for this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards.

Angelty78
2014-05-16, 22:18
:sad: I just paid for a license for the Spybot + Antivirus 2.3 and installed it. Now I get "An Error Occurred During Antivirus Updates," and doing the malware updating yields a "Missing Signatures" notice that will not go away. Like tuckernut, I also cannot run a scan. I am very displeased and would like to find out how to fix this or get my license fee back.

Same here, is there way to bypass, I had go back to free version to my scans. I want to get the automatic Updates and scans

rstarner
2014-05-17, 01:35
I got the following error message in my efforts to update spybot today.

[01:51.319] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!

This is the first time I have seen this since I purchased professional earlier this year.

I had my laptop looked at last year because I was getting a white screen, they said it was a virus and they cleaned it but apparently where I am going on the web (possibly facebook or an adult social website) may be the cause, but again I am experiencing the white screen but am not finding any viruses in my scans.

Any ideas other than to not participate in facebook or adult social website? I don't hear of anyone else experiencing this kind of issue.

Mambo
2014-05-17, 10:19

You're not alone. I ran into the same problem an hour after purchasing a licence for the professional version and its a bit thick for a product which claims to be that nifty. What's the good of it if we can't update the anti-virus signature? Spybot needs to put up a solution to this quick so we don't spend more time yammering about this here. I am a very unhappy chap

musicmd
2014-05-17, 15:02
Same problem here with mine. First time I've bought Spybot (I wanted to get the antivirus) and now it won't update. It seems they're working on it, but I hope they get it fixed soon.

highwaterz2
2014-05-17, 16:02
I also upgraded from the +AV Pro 2.2 to 2.3 and immediately was unable to retrieve updates and cannot even scan. I get the same error messages about the antivirus signatures not installing and an error message about missing database files when attempting a scan. The update log is showing no updates needed but the software interface is showing red flag warnings. Manual updates and boot CD haven't helped. Very dangerous situation. May have to go back to earlier version to access updates.

fahne
2014-05-17, 16:51
I have the same problem with version 2.2 so there is no point in going back to the old version

sojournanon
2014-05-17, 18:07
Glad(?) to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Hope there's a fix soon. *fingers crossed*

PerusTC
2014-05-17, 19:36
Hello phurry,

A ticket has been submitted for this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards.

It is good to se that someone listens...I just logged off of Steam and there are a lot of SB-S&D users there using anything from XP 32 to W 8.1 that are having the exact same issue.Most of the ones I talked to are frustrated immensely.

Tdelfin
2014-05-18, 11:34
Same story here. Spybot + Antivirus 2.3 is giving me error messages with updating the anti-virus updates!

And I am not able to show the update log file?

What's going on?

Beadbud5000
2014-05-18, 12:25
I am replying here because this is the exact same error message I am getting!
I also go on Facebook a lot and adult social networking daily.

I bought my license in March 2014 just before 2.3 came out. Today I am going to try updating to the new version of Spybot.

This is the first time I have seen this since I purchased professional earlier this year.

I had my laptop looked at last year because I was getting a white screen, they said it was a virus and they cleaned it but apparently where I am going on the web (possibly facebook or an adult social website) may be the cause, but again I am experiencing the white screen but am not finding any viruses in my scans.

Any ideas other than to not participate in facebook or adult social website? I don't hear of anyone else experiencing this kind of issue.

Psibolt
2014-05-18, 14:50
I am replying here because this is the exact same error message I am getting!
I also go on Facebook a lot and adult social networking daily.

I bought my license in March 2014 just before 2.3 came out. Today I am going to try updating to the new version of Spybot.

I got this error on my registered Spybot Home Edition recently also - Last few days.

I followed the suggestion of one previous post, booted into safe mode with networking and was able to update.

Windows 7/64bit - never had a problem until a few days ago.

I also ran update again in normal mode after doing this and it also worked?

Will try it again tomorrow.

Jalpa Trivedi
2014-05-18, 16:00

I also have the same problem with updating my anti malware and anti virus.
A couple of things to note maybe. I am using windows 7, 64 bit!
Secondly I noticed the path to the signatures is at the spybot sit are under \avb\
Plus the files appear to be all 32bit

In spybot it mentions under the update page it states \av
Is there a problem in the script?
I appreciate a quick remedy to this problem or an extension on the license for the duration of the downtime.
I am unable to check anything and I bought the license on 15th May

Need urgent support in this situation

amzolt
2014-05-18, 21:11
For a couple days now, when I update, I get these messages:

[00:55.120] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
[00:55.125] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!

Though there are a number of other anti-virus updates installed...

What can be done??

Kane142
2014-05-18, 22:11
I am another with this problem.

I am running Windows 8.1 (64-bit) with Spybot+AV 2.3 Home Edition.

I can't do a System Scan, because I am missing some antivirus signatures. An update, however, fails to install these signatures.

I run Spybot with Admin privileges. The antimalware updates complete with no problems, and I can run Immunization.

The files it complains about are:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
e_spyw.i00
e_spyw.i49
emalware.000
emalware.594
zoo.xmd

I look in the av\Plugins directory, and I see all of these files present, but with an *.upd" suffix (which most of the files in this directory have).

If I delete these 6 files (viz., their *.upd versions), SpyBot Update will re-download them but then fails. There is no log file I can find that mentions what the failure is.

Since there are a lot of "*.upd" files present, but no files of the same name without the "*.upd", I am assuming these "*.upd" files are in fact (all) used to update another, database(?) file, and it is this update that is failing. Possibility these 6 update files are malformed, aborting the database(?) update, and leaving SpyBot without a complete or consistent set of antivirus signatures to work with.

Like everybody else, this is a very recent occurrence with me: Up until recently SpyBot was running OK.

I look forward to a fix.

behringer
2014-05-18, 23:14
This is really unfortunate for Spybot - my purchase was more of a donation - I don’t use live protection and didn’t need another layer - I was more curious to their approach behind the paywall competing with the established brands - bought it on May 2nd and it surprised me how it didn’t get in the way with my other two products and didn’t impair computer speed - however on May 3rd it started with “Your Signatures have not been updated in 4 days” - even though it showed that the update had been installed - then the “An error occurred during antivirus update” so I was only able to use it for one day - now the floodgates are opening - an announcement right about now would restore some confidence to end user - might be a good idea to uninstall and wait until issues have been resolved - too bad - I want them to succeed against the big boys.

DustyMojave
2014-05-19, 08:03
Me too...

I bought the Home version of Spybot right after I bought the computer 4/8/14. I've used the free version for 10 years and donated a number of times. I have to note that this is the very 1st time I've had any negative issue with Spybot.

I have Win 8.1-64bit. The header on the Start Center says "Spybot - Search & Destroy + AV 2.2; and the "Home Version" link on the Start Center page opens a window which says I have 2.1. I didn't know about 2.3 until I came to the Support page looking for info about this problem. I don't even know how to go about upgrading my 2.1/2.2 to 2.3 without purchasing a new subscription just over a month after buying 2.1.

But to inject a note which has not been mentioned previously in this discussion and perhaps my mention might assist in finding and dealing with the source of the problem...At the upper right corner of the Start Center page, it tells me "Live Protection is on", "Internet Protection is Full", and that "This software is being updated". The last sentence it has been saying since shortly after I logged into Spybot this morning. It initially said that an update was needed, although I can't recall the precise wording of that message. I clicked on the update button at that time and it immediately began the update process. I have gotten the same message as others and have tried to find specifics of what did not install and why. But find no info beyond that message posted by others. I tried several times to re-update with the same repeated result.

highwaterz2
2014-05-19, 15:39
I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit on a new ASUS machine. I didn't dare to reboot into safe mode as another user did, since I don't know all the line commands and get lost easily in there. I did leave my 2.2 boot disc in the machine overnight and on start up and an update attempt this morning I got a message that bdcore.dll was "scheduled for update on reboot". I rebooted my system and updates and scans went through fine. I just restarted or rebooted from shut down after each major update and/or scan. I still have not found the bdcore.dll file update without a signature problem, but everything else seems fine. After updating there were several quarantined apps and such that I've never seen before, so I purged them from quarantine. I can always reload apps. My windows settings seem to have been mostly unaffected. Must have been a software glitch. Spybot's internet protection seems to have protected the PC pretty well during the interim.

I also had error messages regarding these files which prevented scans and updates, but seem to be resolved now:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
e_spyw.i00
e_spyw.i49
emalware.000
emalware.594
zoo.xmd

This is the first and most relevant new entry in my update log file this morning:

SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:19] [+] bdcore.dll (version 11.0.1.6) needs to be updated (to version 11.0.1.12).
SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:19] [.] Downloading updates...
SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:19] [+] File "bdcore.dll" needs to be downloaded.
SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:19] [+] Downloaded archive "bdcore.dll-11.0.1.12.lzs" from http://imp.betanews.com/updates/spybot2/.
SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:20] [+] Extracted "bdcore.dll-11.0.1.12.lzs"!
SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:20] [-] Error copying "bdcore.dll"!
SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:20] [+] Scheduled "bdcore.dll" for replacement on reboot.
SDUpdSvc.exe [2014-05-19 07:51:20] [+] All files have been processed.

Hope this helps. Don't despair - software is tricky.

beep54
2014-05-19, 16:21
this is what I get in the details part of update

av\bdcore.dll 11.0.1.6 11.0.1.12 5/19/2014 BitDefender SRL

with a 'no' or 'wrong' symbol before the BitDefender SRL. Since almost everything is signed by Safer-Networking, this looks peculiar right off the bat. My guess (hope) is that it is a temporary glitch that will be fixed shortly, esp. since the complaints only began this morning.

Let us know when fixed?

highwaterz2
2014-05-19, 18:00
I think the av/bdcore.dll might be a problem. It does seem suspicious. On reboot, I found that Spybot +AV 2.3 start center would not open. I found my SDUpdate.exe file with file explorer in C:...\programs\Spybot (program folder) and started it from there. Was able to update spyware and antivirus definitions. Then another restart. Then -after unplugging my wireless gateway and peripherals for a few minutes and reconnecting them- another cold reboot with my 2.2 bootCD in the drive- I found no conflicts, nothing suspicious in the update log file or quarantine and no .dll file errors. That seems to have done it for me.

DustyMojave
2014-05-20, 02:03
Now SPybotis saying that "An Error occured[sic] in updating Antispyware". I don't find any error specified. Is the problem spreading?

Angelty78
2014-05-20, 02:38
I am still, have problems

Kane142
2014-05-20, 05:19
Everybody: Try an update now.

I was getting the same problem (see my post earlier down this thread).

However, the update just worked for me: I got all my antivirus definitions to complete and am now running a system scan!

It is 10:18 PM CST, Monday, May 19'th.

DustyMojave
2014-05-20, 20:26
Still having trouble this AM.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/MojaveRacer104/ComputerProbs/AntivirusUpdateProb_5-20-14_B_zps58ca40aa.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/user/MojaveRacer104/media/ComputerProbs/AntivirusUpdateProb_5-20-14_B_zps58ca40aa.jpg.html)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/MojaveRacer104/ComputerProbs/AntivirusUpdateProb_5-20-14_A_zps9a2b1ad0.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/user/MojaveRacer104/media/ComputerProbs/AntivirusUpdateProb_5-20-14_A_zps9a2b1ad0.jpg.html)

sman93221
2014-05-20, 22:34

Hi - I have the same problem - couple weeks with the same exact wording described by you

Lauramarie
2014-05-21, 03:13
Same problem here with mine. First time I've bought Spybot (I wanted to get the antivirus) and now it won't update. It seems they're working on it, but I hope they get it fixed soon.

I can't update either.

behringer
2014-05-21, 20:41
As of yesterday spybot has returned to its former self - post #19 describes my experiences with problems encountered - all is good now - having problem uploading images though.:D:

Higgsie47
2014-05-22, 14:13
I managed to fix the update issue on my laptop by renaming bdcore.dll file to bdcore_old.dll, I then performed an update and this time it was succeeded, the update also pulled down a new bdcore.dll file.

File location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\av

It does look like the original bdcore.dll was corrupt and was preventing the antivirus updates from working.

Thanks,
Martyn

jackx
2014-06-04, 19:28
I managed to fix the update issue on my laptop by renaming bdcore.dll file to bdcore_old.dll, I then performed an update and this time it was succeeded, the update also pulled down a new bdcore.dll file.

File location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\av

It does look like the original bdcore.dll was corrupt and was preventing the antivirus updates from working.

Thanks,
Martyn

Thanks for the tip!
Just bought the pro version, didn't get it to work due to the faults with the bdcore.dll - renamed it to bdcore_old.dll & let the S&D do the rest!

Cheers!

Bealings48
2014-06-18, 10:40
I updated to the Home version from the free version and now I keep getting a message
BitDefender threat scanner
A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. a file containing error information has been created at
C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender threat scanner.dmp
This error message will not go away - I cannot remove it from my desktop
To say I am annoyed is putting it mildly - I paid for an updated version and now I get this which is mucking up my computer.
Any ideas about getting rid of this and what the problem is?:sad:

Flyvapnet
2014-06-19, 21:41
Let me add my name to the growing list of people who are unhappy. I've just paid for and installed Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.3.39.0, but it won't install apparently-needed antivirus signature updates:

[00:00.000] [i] Update started...
[00:14.891] [+] Installing antivirus signature updates...
[00:16.125] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
[00:16.125] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!

The missing signatures:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
av\Plugins\e_spyw.i00
av\Plugins\e_spyw.i49
av\Plugins\emalware.000
av\Plugins\emalware.594
av\Plugins\zoo.xmd

As if that's not enough, this utility refuses to run a scan! When, exactly, will these unacceptable failures be fixed? Silence by Safer-Networking Ltd. is definitely not golden in this case. Communicate with the paying (and non-paying) customers, please!

:banghead:

Zenobia
2014-06-20, 03:20
You could go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2(or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 if you have a 32-bit operating system),and see if spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe was downloaded yet.If it was,try running it.

Please see here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?70607-Cannot-update-antivirus-signatures&p=453671&highlight=#post453671

Please try the following:

Those who still find this line in ther antiviraus updates:
[00:09.298] [-] Failed to install Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
Please look for a spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe in your Spybot folder and execute it.

Wolf76
2014-06-20, 06:50
I am another with this problem.

I am running Windows 8.1 (64-bit) with Spybot+AV 2.3 Home Edition.

I can't do a System Scan, because I am missing some antivirus signatures. An update, however, fails to install these signatures.

I run Spybot with Admin privileges. The antimalware updates complete with no problems, and I can run Immunization.

The files it complains about are:

av\Plugins\7zip.xmd
e_spyw.i00
e_spyw.i49
emalware.000
emalware.594
zoo.xmd

I look in the av\Plugins directory, and I see all of these files present, but with an *.upd" suffix (which most of the files in this directory have).

If I delete these 6 files (viz., their *.upd versions), SpyBot Update will re-download them but then fails. There is no log file I can find that mentions what the failure is.

Since there are a lot of "*.upd" files present, but no files of the same name without the "*.upd", I am assuming these "*.upd" files are in fact (all) used to update another, database(?) file, and it is this update that is failing. Possibility these 6 update files are malformed, aborting the database(?) update, and leaving SpyBot without a complete or consistent set of antivirus signatures to work with.

Like everybody else, this is a very recent occurrence with me: Up until recently SpyBot was running OK.

I look forward to a fix.

and now? the larch? I tried for several days now to update. no probs with antimalware and immunization. but the AV-updates won't work - they were downloaded but not installed. and I cannot find any post how to get around this.

Wolf76
2014-06-20, 07:00
You could go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2(or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 if you have a 32-bit operating system),and see if spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe was downloaded yet.If it was,try running it.

Please see here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?70607-Cannot-update-antivirus-signatures&p=453671&highlight=#post453671

AH! Should have read the last post before posting myself! --- and I had to do some cut and paste in my folder architecture .... that was a little bit crazy ... now all's fine. SPYBOT WORKING! :rolleyes:

Flyvapnet
2014-06-20, 10:05
Thank you, Zenobia, for your advice! As it happens, I'd already read and followed Higgsie47's advice from last month (which I should have seen in the first place) and--Presto!--all's well once more in SpybotLand. I shall remember both methods of solution, should this particular anomaly raise its ugly head in future.

:beerbeerb:

Zenobia
2014-06-20, 18:52
Good,glad it's working,Flyvapnet and Wolf76. :)