PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about Updating problems and other issues..

mikedorr
2014-05-20, 04:32
Hello,

I hope I am asking this question in the right place.

I am currently running SpyBot 2.2 (the free edition) on my Windows 8.1 System.

Today when I tried to update Spyboy 2.2 I seem to be getting an error involving “bdcore.dll” and the update log file says something about Scheduled "bdcore.dll" for replacement on reboot.

What should I do? Reboot my computer?

Also should I be running SpyBot version 2.3 (and not 2.2) with my Windows 8.1 system? Does Spybot 2.3 work properly with Windows 8.1?

And if I should be using SpyBot 2.3, how should I go about installing it? Should I simply download the SpyBot 2.3 installer and run it, or do I have to un-install Spybot 2.2 first and then install Spybot 2.3?

Sorry for all the questions.

Many thanks for any help.

Mike

Zenobia
2014-05-20, 05:51
Today when I tried to update Spyboy 2.2 I seem to be getting an error involving “bdcore.dll” and the update log file says something about Scheduled "bdcore.dll" for replacement on reboot.

What should I do? Reboot my computer?
Yup,reboot your computer.

Yes,Spybot 2.3 should work properly with Windows 8.1.
You might as well download the Spybot 2.3 installer.When you download the Spybot installer,it will detect that you have an older version installed during setup,and offer to remove it for you,so that's probably the easiest way.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions,it's a good thing. :)

mikedorr
2014-05-20, 09:44
Yup,reboot your computer.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions,it's a good thing. :)

Okay.. Thank You for the assistance! Spybot 2.3 is now installed, my system has re-booted, and the updater now reports everything seems fine. So my computer appears to be very happy once more.

Best regards, and Thank You once again. You guys are the Best.

Mike

Zenobia
2014-05-20, 10:16
You're welcome. :)