PDA

View Full Version : Spybot will not run

deepkent
2014-06-13, 16:08
Clicking on the Spybot icon simply results in the spinning disc for 30 seconds, then nothing. I have tried several ways to open the program, and have even reinstalled it, but nothing works. Can anyone help, please?

I am running Win7 Pro 16-bit, with 16GB memory and a 500GB SSD. Can't think what else you might want to know. BTW, Anti-Malware Bytes and Windows firewall run with no problems.

Thank you in advance.

Zenobia
2014-06-13, 20:34
You could try running in safe mode,and see if it will start.
There are safe mode instructions here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?3922-Spybot-Search-amp-Destroy-FAQs-and-Information&p=23629&viewfull=1#post23629

deepkent
2014-06-16, 22:28
Already tried that, and it doesn't work, either - I get a long error message about not being able to find "sniff"-something. But thanks, anyway.

Zenobia
2014-06-17, 00:21
Already tried that, and it doesn't work, either - I get a long error message about not being able to find "sniff"-something. But thanks, anyway.
I have no clue what that might be.
Is there anyway you could log back into safe mode,try opening Spybot system scan again,then come back and let me know what the general gist of what the error message is saying? :)

deepkent
2014-06-19, 03:29
My apologies - I've only just seen this. I have actually uninstalled Spybot, but I will reinstall it and run in it safe mode, and let you know. Might be a couple of days, I'm afraid. I will this time take a screenshot of the gobbledegook error message if it comes up again.

Zenobia
2014-06-19, 06:42
Ok,thanks. :)