PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to worry? Thanks for having a look.

treelight
2014-06-19, 15:11
I tried to research these on my own, but found no information. Sorry if this is redundant. Can you have a look and tell me if I should delete these? Thank you.

Type: File
Object: System Diagnostics.xml:_0v1ieca3Feahez0jAwxjjk5uRh:$DATA
Location: C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-p..rastructureconsumer_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18005_none_b5c807ab2d93d829\
Details: Unknown ADS

Object: System Diagnostics.xml:_0v1ieca3Feahez0jAwxjjk5uRh:$DATA

Object: report.xml:_Qgrg2rf1Znaluncm1kfl1xla5h:$DATA

Type: Key
Object: S-1-5-21-1533950907-162137601-864722444-1000
Details: No admin in ACL

Type: Key
Object: Vol
Details: No admin in ACL

tashi
2014-06-19, 18:53
Hello treelight,

Those are System Diagnostics and Microsoft Files, just ignore them.

How is your computer running? :)

Best regards.

treelight
2014-06-20, 05:13
system is running well, although tonight when I booted up, I had a request for an interactive message??
I've never seen anything the like. I deleted it immediately. Kind of scary .

Thanks for taking a look. should I whtelist these rootkits then?

Hello treelight,

Those are System Diagnostics and Microsoft Files, just ignore them.

How is your computer running? :)

Best regards.

tashi
2014-06-20, 06:39
Hello treelight, :greeting:

system is running well, although tonight when I booted up, I had a request for an interactive message??
I've never seen anything the like. I deleted it immediately. Kind of scary .

Could you describe the interactive message and what is the operating system please.

Thanks for taking a look. should I whtelist these rootkits then?

In general all items found by the RootAlyzer are not necessarily malicious but shows items it believes to be out of the ordinary and may give a hint for an infection.

Sometimes legitimate software uses rootkit technologies too.

Best regards.

treelight
2014-06-20, 16:17
Greetings tashi,

It was something I noticed on the task bar, just after I started my system up. Very very strange I wish I had taken a screen shot, but I x'ed it out not wanting to touch anything it was asking me to do. I remember a blue underlined 'what is this?' or maybe 'why this message' It was just after I signed up here. There was a thought that it was Spybot, but then I thought, no they have mt email. Really very odd.

Hello treelight, :greeting:

Could you describe the interactive message and what is the operating system please.

In general all items found by the RootAlyzer are not necessarily malicious but shows items it believes to be out of the ordinary and may give a hint for an infection.

Sometimes legitimate software uses rootkit technologies too.

Best regards.

treelight
2014-06-20, 16:39
Greetings tashi,

It was something I noticed on the task bar, just after I started my system up. Very very strange I wish I had taken a screen shot, but I x'ed it out not wanting to touch anything it was asking me to do. I remember a blue underlined 'what is this?' or maybe 'why this message' It was just after I signed up here. There was a thought that it was Spybot, but then I thought, no they have mt email. Really very odd.

sorry os is Vista, sp2, 32bit