PDA

View Full Version : 193 items left after immunization!? and how do I exclude Chrome from scans?

zoldos
2014-07-11, 04:09
I'm a licensed Spybot Home user. I have several browsers including IE (obviously), Firefox (not used), Opera, and Chrome. I noticed when immunizing my system that it always leaves 193 items that won't immunize. Is there a reason why?

Also, I noticed that every time I do a scan, certain cookies from Chrome are deleted that make me logoff Gmail and I have to accept a phone call to log back in (normally it stays logged in forever and the "device" stays recognized). Can I simply exclude Chrome from further scans?

Thanks!

Zenobia
2014-07-12, 02:17
The 193 unimmunized might be the Opera cookies.Please see here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?70530-Immunization-NOT-complete-193-still-unprotected

To exclude a browser from scans,you can open Spybot start center,checkmark Advanced User mode,click Settings,click the Browsers tab,and if Chrome is listed there,you can uncheck it,click Apply and OK.
That does say bad entries,though,so if you find the gmail cookie is still being deleted after unchecking Chrome,you might want to also go back into Settings,click the Ignore Lists tab,click the Products tab,click the Add....button,type in Cookie,then press ok,and after the window closes,click Apply and OK.That will exclude all non-tracking cookies,not just the ones in Chrome,though. :)

zoldos
2014-07-12, 02:45
Great, thanks so much! As of my OP I found out how to exclude the browser. I'll try that first and see what happens. I appreciate the help! :bigthumb:

Zenobia
2014-07-12, 07:05
You're welcome. :)

zoldos
2014-07-12, 07:39
I purchased the Home version about a week ago. I am definitely paying again next year. Been using Spybot at least 8 years. :)