PDA

View Full Version : System hanging when attempting to delete threats - Pro version

AndyPet
2014-07-20, 21:09
Running Windows 7

Upgraded to the Professional version yesterday to benefit from the anti-virus part.

I run the scan and there are a few things that need resolving

Everytime I click Fix selected problems the program locks up.

I have tried running it also in Safe Mode but it occurs same place every time

Didnt have any problems prior to upgrading to professional version

Zenobia
2014-07-21, 03:40
After your next scan,rightclick somewhere in the window to the right,select "deselect all",then checkmark a couple of things,then click Fix Selected,see if it is able to fix those few things.Please let me know how it goes.

AndyPet
2014-07-21, 12:21
After your next scan,rightclick somewhere in the window to the right,select "deselect all",then checkmark a couple of things,then click Fix Selected,see if it is able to fix those few things.Please let me know how it goes.

Hi

I gave this a try and just selected the ones flagged as Viruses - I did this on the basis that this is the new bit of the scan for me

The files in question were flagged as

Trojan Generic 197850
Trojan Generic 854444
Gen.Variant., Strictor 47050
Gen.Variant.Zusy.85705

The program again hung when I selected fix these items.

I have manually removed the four entries from my PC now, and the associated registry items and will run a further scan and report back to you

thank you

Zenobia
2014-07-21, 23:16
Okay. :)

AndyPet
2014-07-22, 09:21
Well I think the problem has cleared.

After manually deleting the items, I didnt reboot the computer but ran a scan at the end of the day, and it hung again (having still found the entries referred to previously)

This morning I rebooted the system, and ran a scan again and this time only a couple of cookie items were flagged up, and they deleted straight away without any delay or hanging.

All I can think is one of the viruses I listed was causing something to not work in Spybot properly.

Thanks for the reassurance of being there for support.

Zenobia
2014-07-22, 22:56
Good to hear.You're welcome. :)