PDA

View Full Version : Immunize is Blocking Web Page

LillyLilly
2006-09-04, 03:35
I just downloaded new Spybot paramaters and ran the immunizer. Now there's a webpage I can't access in either firefox or ie6. I tried adding the website addy to "safe" cookies, but that didn't work.

How can I delete that particular website from being immunized by SpyBot? I'm especially interested in instructions for Firefox. Thanks!

md usa spybot fan
2006-09-04, 06:40
LillyLilly:

To the best of my knowledge Spybot-S&D's immunization should not affect access to a site using Firefox.

To test and see of Spybot-S&D's immunization is actually the cause of the problem, go into Spybot > Immunize > click the "Undo" button > exit and restart your browser(s) and see if you can access the site.

What site are you having problems with?

Do you modify your HOSTS file to block access to malicious sites?

LillyLilly
2006-09-04, 16:28
Thanks for the quick reply! You're right, undoing the immunize didn't help. I was on that web page just minutes before I downloaded the new immunize parameters and half hour later the web site wasn't loading correctly so I just assumed. :rolleyes:

I don't modify my HOSTS file that I know of. I don't know what a HOSTS file is. :D:

Thanks for your help, the problem is probably with the website itself.

Lilly

Brander
2006-09-20, 22:50
Just to say, the hosts file is a text file with no extension in Windows/System32/Drivers/etc. It is easy to put sites in there so they cannot be accessed or send you to a different place than the one you want. If this happens to you, it is a good place to look first for the problem.