PDA

View Full Version : Cookies issue

elsmoko
2014-08-12, 00:08
I ran, updated and Immunized with Spybot 162. Then I opened Internet Options. From the Settings Button \ Temporary Internet Files tab
I noticed that there were hundreds of items (cookies? or links?). I could manually delete most of them; however shortly after deletion
hundreds of them would magically reappear >> and without me even opening my (IE 11) browser. Many of these items that
reappear have words in them that look suspicious / undesirable (ie. "ad", "canvas", "bot", etc). Can anyone tell me why this happens.
What can / should I do about it?
I know that some of the items are likely OK; perhaps even necessary to speed up some of the browser operations.
But I appear to be attracting wayyy more that seems necessary.
Best to all,
Ken

Zenobia
2014-08-12, 04:33
You could block third party cookies,that would cut down on some of them.How to do that is here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/why-do-other-anti-spyware-applications-appear-to-detect-so-many-more-tracking-cookies/

If you scanned with Spybot,did any items listed show up in a green colour?And were there any red coloured items found?

elsmoko
2014-08-12, 05:14
You could block third party cookies,that would cut down on some of them.How to do that is here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/why-do-other-anti-spyware-applications-appear-to-detect-so-many-more-tracking-cookies/

If you scanned with Spybot,did any items listed show up in a green colour?And were there any red coloured items found?
==================================================================================

Thank you for the fast reply. Changing my Temporary Internet Files settings in Internet Explorer seemed to stop the items from
immediately reappearing in the Temp' Internet files folder. I changed the "Check for newer versions of stored pages" from "Automatic"
to "Every time I visit the web page".
Thank you for the tip about blocking third party cookies. I'll take a hard look at that.
Best regards,
Ken

Zenobia
2014-08-13, 01:27
You're welcome. :)

elsmoko
2014-08-13, 20:42
You're welcome. :)

Block 3rd party cookies. Everything appears to be back to normal :)
Best regards,
Ken

Zenobia
2014-08-14, 05:35
Good,glad to hear it. :)