PDA

View Full Version : Spybot active licences

Patacon
2014-08-21, 05:12
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I didn't know how to search for this topic. I have a single Home edition of Spybot S&D installed in my laptop, it was functioning all good but one day when I was switching between my 2 internet connections at home the program advised me about the need to have additional licenses for additional computers, but I am not using a different PC, it's the same laptop with another internet connection.

From that day on the antivirus doesn't look like is starting up with Windows 8.1, although when I open it says that it's active and functioning but the icon doesn't appear in the taskbar next to the clock. I need some help with this problem

tashi
2014-08-21, 06:20
Hello Patacon,

I have a single Home edition of Spybot S&D installed in my laptop, it was functioning all good but one day when I was switching between my 2 internet connections at home the program advised me about the need to have additional licenses for additional computers, but I am not using a different PC, it's the same laptop with another internet connection.

You could use the support form (http://www.safer-networking.org/contact/sales/) for licenses and let them know the problem you've encountered.

If it isn't resolved please let me know. :)

Best regards.

Patacon
2014-08-21, 06:34
Hi, thanks for the answer. I may have mislead my problem, the license is still active, the problem has been with the tray icon which no longer appears from that day. I will use the form to inform the switching between connections issue.

tashi
2014-08-21, 06:45
Hi Patacon,

Do you have the system tray notification set to always "Show icons and notifications" for the Spybot program? Just checking. :)

Patacon
2014-08-22, 06:03
Yes I have that feature, I have it also in the start processes of my Windows 8.1, but it won't start with the system. What I do is to search it in the start menu and click the option "Tray Icon (Live Protection)" but I obviously want it automatically start with W8.1

Patacon
2014-08-22, 15:40
I fixed the problem on startup, it looks like the program which I was using to manage the startup programs was not functioning well, so I used the task manager to set the starting applications. Looks like it was a simple problem

Thanks tashi for your help

tashi
2014-08-22, 21:13
Hi Patacon,

Thank you for letting me know, there could have been various reasons for the issue, for example see this topic (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?69506-Icon-disapeared-in-task-bar&p=445984&highlight=Tray+Icon#post445984)

I've also seen reports of missing tray icons on Win 8.1 so I'm glad you found the reason for this particular event. ;)