PDA

View Full Version : Antivirus home edition (paid) freezes

marmion
2014-09-11, 12:20
My computer got infected, and I bought spybot's antivirus home edition. Complete scan found 34 results, none of them real threats. After clicking fix selected, spybot freezes. Tried it twice. Only solution is to restart the computer. That never happend with free edition. Worst than that, MS's Security Essentials keep saying my computer is still infected, and suggests to boot from a pen drive with some kind of utility I have to download. Feel like I lost US$ 14.00

tashi
2014-09-12, 04:14
Hello marmion,

My computer got infected, and I bought spybot's antivirus home edition. Complete scan found 34 results, none of them real threats. After clicking fix selected, spybot freezes. Tried it twice. Only solution is to restart the computer. That never happend with free edition. Worst than that, MS's Security Essentials keep saying my computer is still infected, and suggests to boot from a pen drive with some kind of utility I have to download. Feel like I lost US$ 14.00

If the computer was infected before installing new security software the latter may not be as effective at that time.

Do you have two anti virus programs installed, Spybot's and Microsoft's?

Also, what is the operating system please. :)

Best regards.

marmion
2014-09-13, 21:20
Hi
If the computer was infected before installing new security software the latter may not be as effective at that time.
Yes, it was
Do you have two anti virus programs installed, Spybot's and Microsoft's?
Yes, cannot suspend MS's A/V
Also, what is the operating system please. :)
Windows 7 ultimate
Keeps on freezing when I click Fix Problems. Got infected with rootkit.mbr.mayachkok.b