PDA

View Full Version : Spybot-S&D 2 Scanner Service Memory Use

tbone97
2014-11-15, 23:27
Spybot-S&D 2 Scanner Service using 248 mb memory

Why does SDFSSvc.exe consistently use so much memory?

Joshywa
2014-11-17, 03:08
I am not even running the scanner at the moment and it is using around 400MB. This isn't good enough spybot, when i have been using your free service for years without an issue and now i have the paid version and it is absolutely terrible. Why is so much memory required for one process?

tbone97
2014-11-17, 06:08
I don't know why you folks won't reply!!!!!! I have just tried to temporarily disable SpyBot, but when I do I NO LONGER HAVE INTERNET ACCESS..

That is absolute BS!!!

It won't let me uninstall it!

That is absolute BS!!!

If I have to rebuild this machine due to this software, that would not be a good thing. Not a good thing at all!!!!!!!!!

Zenobia
2014-11-17, 08:15
Uninstall the program,or uninstall the scanner service?

I don't know why you folks won't reply!!!!!! I have just tried to temporarily disable SpyBot, but when I do I NO LONGER HAVE INTERNET ACCESS..
How were you trying to disable it?Did you just install Spybot recently?

tbone97
2014-11-17, 17:58
Uninstall the program,or uninstall the scanner service?

How were you trying to disable it?Did you just install Spybot recently?

You obviously did not read the content of the email I sent to SB last evening.

IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO UNINSTALL IT.

Before turning the computer off it had started taking up over 500 meg of resources.

I am going to rebuild the computer today.

I WANT A FULL REFUND IMMEDIATELY. This is not acceptable in any world.

tbone97
2014-11-17, 22:56
You obviously did not read the content of the email I sent to SB last evening.

IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO UNINSTALL IT.

Before turning the computer off it had started taking up over 500 meg of resources.

I am going to rebuild the computer today.

I WANT A FULL REFUND IMMEDIATELY. This is not acceptable in any world.

I have removed SpyBot 2.4 from my computer, yet it still left numerous entries in the registry. Some apparently pointing to apps I cannot find as they are hidden and my system will not allow me access. That is fine. I will rebuild this machine and clean all entries permanently.

Again!!! Since you will not respond to email, you leave me no other option but to post my displeasure in a public forum.

REIMBURSE me immediately for the cost of this application and I will leave it at that.

I will allow you 12 hours to respond with a notice that you have started the refund process.

Zenobia
2014-11-17, 23:35
I am a Spybot user,just as you are.I've just used the program for a very long time(i.e.advisor).I have no access to Spybot's email.

REIMBURSE me immediately for the cost of this application and I will leave it at that.

I will allow you 12 hours to respond with a notice that you have started the refund process.
Nor do I have anything to do with anything like this.You will need to continue on via email with team spybot.This conversation is over.

tbone97
2014-11-18, 01:15
I am a Spybot user,just as you are.I've just used the program for a very long time(i.e.advisor).I have no access to Spybot's email.

Nor do I have anything to do with anything like this.You will need to continue on via email with team spybot.This conversation is over.

If you are not a SpyBot employee then you should have never got involved in this to begin with!!

And you are right. This conversation is over !!!!