PDA

View Full Version : new or undetected?

mr f3
2006-09-07, 01:47
I have tried a new spyware program called PC Pitstop exterminate or something like that. I nstalled it, ran it and it identified 1 Adware (Imesh), 3 p2p's (KazaA) and 1 xp key (Password Cracker) in drive C:. Spy bot and Ad Aware did not identify it. Should I worry? And how to I delete these Iteme?:eek: :fear: :cool: :sick: I also have Mcafee and Spyware Terminator and none of these identified them

tashi
2006-09-07, 03:01
Hello.

You would probably be better served going to the support forums for that product.

There you might be able to find out if they have any false postives etc.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=29

Regards.

mr f3
2006-09-08, 01:51
:rolleyes: tashi, is that the best you can do? I went to your referral but I feel I'm learning more from spybot. My question again is should I wory about the findings and how can I delete them? Thanks ;) :cool: :D:

tashi
2006-09-08, 02:13
Hello. :)

I have tried a new spyware program called PC Pitstop exterminate or something like that. I nstalled it, ran it and it identified 1 Adware (Imesh), 3 p2p's (KazaA) and 1 xp key (Password Cracker) in drive C:. Spy bot and Ad Aware did not identify it. Should I worry?

I am not familiar with PC Pitstop exterminate and as you say it is the only program to detect a problem, it makes sense to go to the product's forum and see if they have any reports of false positives.

However if you would like someone to take a look at a Spybot-S&D log.

You did not mention your version of Spybot; these are the instructions to get a log from version 1.4

Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available.
Close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found in red
Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except

Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.

Now select (near the top) view report.
Press export in the save in box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report.

Regards.

mr f3
2006-09-12, 03:23
tashi, tx again. here is the rpt. I am using spy bot 1.4. PS was unable to fwd the attachmnet because it was too big. 3.0? the max was 1.9. tx for the help anyway. Oh, there were no red items in the latest spy bot check.

LonnyRJones
2006-09-12, 04:22
Hi

If you get the log as suggested it shouldnt be to large to attach :)
Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.

mr f3
2006-09-13, 03:11
here is the rprt again. follwed your instros. tx couldnt do it. keep getting the same msg ( too ig, 3.0). Ill try again later. thanks anyway. this is 1 reason I want to learn here. everybody wants to help.

LonnyRJones
2006-09-13, 04:30
If it is still too large skip checking for problems just continue with the other instructions for getting a log.

mr f3
2006-09-15, 03:10
Have decided to learn more about spy bot and is functions. I feel I am using your valuable time to help others. I will step out of this subject for now. Thanks for all the support.:crowned: :D: :bigthumb: . I have not given up. What I did to was eliminate the mentioned spyware with the new spyware program. I think it was just falsies trying to get me to buy the program. ciao

LonnyRJones
2006-09-15, 08:33
Best advice Tashi already gave, go to pitstop and ask there :)

Surf safe