PDA

View Full Version : teatimer wont stay up

kamagatzu
2006-09-09, 16:30
when i try to activate teatimer he wont stay up and clear the steting.

some ideas

tia

noel-pr7
2006-09-11, 22:54
can you be more specific on what the problem is with Teatimer, kamagatzu? also what version of Windows and what version of Spybot S&D are you running on your computer? tell us so that we can help you further.

kamagatzu
2006-09-12, 16:25
i use windows xp home ed. and the last version of spy. the problem is very simple: i mark teatimer as on in the settings, then i exit but teatimer don't wont start, so i go back to the setting and the mark is off!!! that's all.
a curious thing is: on another my pc spybot run perfectly.... is windows the guilty???

thanks for your attention

md usa spybot fan
2006-09-12, 18:06
kamagatzu:

What type of account are you attempting to activate TeaTimer from (Computer administrator, Limited or Guest account)?

What language do you have Spybot set for?

Does the TeaTimer.exe program start if you do the following?
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

kamagatzu
2006-09-12, 22:24
i use administrator privilege.
italian is the language.
teatime.exe run correctly when click over it.

tia

ps.: i think spybot is a very good program!

md usa spybot fan
2006-09-14, 06:59
The easiest solution may be to just uninstall and then reinstall.

Uninstall Spybot-S&D 1.4: Go to Windows > Control panel > Add or Remove Programs > Locate "Spybot – Search & Destroy 1.4" > Remove.
Using Windows explorer, verified that the following folder has been delete. If not, delete it:C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy

Make sure that all the registry entries that Spybot-S&D added during installation are removed, there is a .reg file available on the safer-networking.org WEB site that can do that. See the following article:
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How to uninstall?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.html
The direct download link is:
remove-spybotsd-settings.reg (http://www.safer-networking.org/files/remove-spybotsd-settings.reg)
Download the file.
Double click on it
Answer Yes then OK

Delete the Configuration.ini fileThe Configuration.ini file is stored in one of the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy

Reinstall Spybot-S&D 1.4:
Execute the spybotsd14.exe installation program again.
Do not change the default installation path of:C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
If you did not update during the installation, make sure that you update before running a scan, as follows:
Go into Spybot > Update
Click "Search for Updates"
Check everything found
Click "Download Updates"