PDA

View Full Version : Backing up your personal files

gigglepot
2015-06-19, 17:01
I'm sure there is an easier way to back-up existing personal files. The way I've been doing it is crazy, put a USB into my computer, open up two windows of Explorer and go through each file, each picture, each folder to see what is new and copy it over to the USB window. So time consuming, so tiring, that I keep putting it off instead of doing it each month like I'd prefer. There's got to be a better way! If you have a trick to backing up personal files, music, photos, etc., I'd love to hear it. Thank you :o)

AplusWebMaster
2015-06-25, 22:16
"... go through each file, each picture, each folder to see what is new... backing up personal files, music, photos, etc..."

You could start with making a few new folders on your desktop - let's say a 'Docs' folder, an 'Imagery' folder (videos, jpgs, camera pics...), and a 'Music' folder, then just point your downloads to them from now on. 'Should be an easy copy/paste to your USB drive from there.

"I keep putting it off instead of doing it each month..."

Truth be told, -all- your files are in your system backups you do each month, but they are only as organized as you've made them prior to each backup and each file can't be restored individually, which is likely what you're after - and can easily be done from a USB drive.

:spider: