PDA

View Full Version : Nothing happens with updates

bassadict69
2015-06-27, 17:35
I updated to 2.4 and cannot download antispyware updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and also trying to use it as admin. When I click update, it gives me the status bar "checking for antispyware updates, but nothing ever happens. I let it sit all night and still nothing this morning.

Computer is running Windows 7, no antivirus and firewall is off.

bassadict69
2015-06-30, 13:56
Anyone?

I hate the thought of not being able to use spybot anymore!

tashi
2015-06-30, 14:37
Hello bassadict69, :welcome:

I updated to 2.4 and cannot download antispyware updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and also trying to use it as admin. When I click update, it gives me the status bar "checking for antispyware updates, but nothing ever happens. I let it sit all night and still nothing this morning.

Computer is running Windows 7, no antivirus and firewall is off.

Is there a chance your computer is infected, why no anti-virus and firewall?

Do you have any other security programs installed?

Best regards.

bassadict69
2015-07-01, 13:10
I do run MS Windows Defender or whatever it is called. I did make sure I turned it off as well as the firewall.

tashi
2015-07-01, 17:36
Hi bassadict69,

Is there a chance your computer is infected, why no anti-virus and firewall?

I do run MS Windows Defender or whatever it is called. I did make sure I turned it off as well as the firewall.

Could you provide more details please, previously you posted no "antivirus and firewall is off"

Also, which version of Spybot 2.4 do you have: http://www.safer-networking.org/shop/

Best regards.

bassadict69
2015-07-02, 12:15
I am running the free Home version.

No problems at all with computer, no symptoms of a virus. I just ran an online trend micro scan and it came up clean.

tashi
2015-07-03, 02:19
Hi bassadict69,

Apprantly there was an issue with some updates, should have been fixed now. :)

Kind regards.

bassadict69
2015-07-03, 19:13
Hi bassadict69,

Apprantly there was an issue with some updates, should have been fixed now. :)

Kind regards.

I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning and same problem. I have ran both Avast and Trendmicro and both come up clean. I also cleaned up with CCleaner,

I click on the update button and the status bar for the update just sits with no changes.

tashi
2015-07-03, 21:11
Hello bassadict69,

I have ran both Avast and Trendmicro and both come up clean.

How many anti-virus programs do you have installed?

Kind regards.

bassadict69
2015-07-03, 21:52
Hello bassadict69,

How many anti-virus programs do you have installed?

Kind regards.

MS Windows Defender is the only one that stays on the computer. I did turn it off and downloaded and ran (one at a time) the Avast and TrendMicro software then deleted them. Just trying to make sure nothing is on the computer that Defender did not catch.

I periodically run CCleaner to simply clean up old files, cookies, etc from my computer.

If it wasn't for this problem updating Spybot, I would be having absolutely no problems with the computer. All other programs are working fine, and the computer is just as fast as always.

bassadict69
2015-07-13, 23:05
Not sure what changed, but it now works! Thanks to everyone for the help!

tashi
2015-07-14, 15:19
That's good news. :)