PDA

View Full Version : "Computer Security Check" malware

cmlevy
2015-07-17, 15:43
I am using Chrome and Windows 8.1. Each time I click on a hyperlink it takes me to an advertising page in a new tab while the real link is also opening in the tab just behind it. Many times it includes voice advertising that requires you to close the newest tab in order to get rid of it and get back to the real link which you are at once you close the malware tab.

It is always a website that includes the words in the title but I think there are hyphens. In any case, you cannot get to that site, and anyone who has this malware knows exactly what I am talking about re: the exact name.

I have run, with updated databases, Spybot, Malwarebyte and IObit without getting a hit on this malware (virus, Trojan horse, whatever it is).

BTW after a week of this, a purchased version of Norton Anti Virus has been putting of notices of blocking this malware but it doesn't catch them all. Nowhere near all.

If helpful to eradicate, while it affects Chrome which is my regular browser, if I open IE (never used) it is not infected. All programs are the most recent versions with updates.

Thanks for help.

Chuck

tashi
2015-07-17, 16:01
Hello cmlevy,

In case you missed it please see the FAQ which also includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs as shown in that sticky and a volunteer analyst will advise. :)

Best regards.