PDA

View Full Version : Unable to perform a full system scan

PatrickZ
2015-07-23, 21:06
Hello,

I've just installed Spybot and I'm trying to perform a system scan. For some reason this doesn't work, Spybot seems to think I'm a technician that has pre-installed Spybot. That's not the case, I'm the end user.

The error message I get says I have to launch it through the start center, but even when I do so it still doesn't work. I keep getting the same error message. Weird, isn't it? You get an error telling you to do what you just did.

How do I solve this? How do I tell Spybot that I'm not a pre-installing technician?

Thanks in advance!

PatrickZ
2015-07-23, 21:12
Nevermind, I've already solved it. I had to start the start center as administrator, then it worked. When running it as a regular user it had insufficient rights or something like that I think.

tashi
2015-07-24, 05:34
Hello PatrickZ,

Nevermind, I've already solved it. I had to start the start center as administrator, then it worked. When running it as a regular user it had insufficient rights or something like that I think.

:bigthumb:

How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8? (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?55946-How-can-I-get-administrator-rights-under-Windows-Vista-Windows-7-Windows-8)

Thanks for letting us know you found the solution.