PDA

View Full Version : Can't find scan results after Windows 10 auto logout

brucegwatson
2015-08-13, 18:03
Hello. I just re-installed SpyBot on my PC, which recently underwent the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I started a scan last night before I went to bed. When I got up this morning, I was logged out of the machine, presumably because the machine had been idle after the scan finished. When I logged in and tried to search SpyBot logs to see how the scan went (and particularly to learn whether any detected problems were fixed), I couldn't find any info other than that the scan ended at 3:00 this morning. Without being able to see a list of corrective actions taken, I'm assuming that no problems were corrected, which means I'm running another scan. Is there any place in SpyBot I haven't found yet which lists actions taken in the last scan, or where I can view a list of problems detected and decide whether to correct them? Thanks for your help.

niall2
2015-08-17, 11:52
Please go to the Spybot program folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

and run the file SDCleaner(.exe) as an administrator using the instructions above. This will open the results of your last scan so you do not have to run a scan again to find the same threats.

You can then remove the malware by clicking "fix selected". Sometimes the scanner will say "not responding" at this point for a few minutes but will begin responding again as normal when all the issues are fixed.

PepiMK
2015-08-27, 10:07
And by the way, this was included in discussions about the next major version of Spybot and our current new design plans include a much easier way to review "older" scan results for exactly such reasons as you gave :)