PDA

View Full Version : Spybot won't fix selected items after scan saying "change in registry"

JohndoeVisionary
2015-08-17, 03:59
First off:
Running: windows 7
Running : spybots free home version.
Running : McAfee Internet security suite

Recent actions: removed then downloaded iTunes after wiping old iPhone 4s clean to use as music player only.
Recent actions: discovered how to convert YouTube music videos to MP3 files then load onto iTunes.

Separate Recent actions of computer: yesterday spybot would not even scan computer saying only "error"
Seperate recent actions of computer: yesterday windows explorer stopped working several times while on web

What now ? Any suggestions much app. (
(Please please please, I am not very good good with computers so you can tell me to do this or that, but if you don't explain WHERE to find it or HOW to DO it (in step by step) I'm lost)

Thank you !!!!!!

tashi
2015-08-17, 04:45
Hello JohndoeVisionary, :welcome:

The message telling you there was a "change in registry" is not uncommon, legitimate software may make changes that Spybot notices.

At the moment there's not enough information to provide a solution so let's do a little delving. :)

Did you make changes to the registry yourself, either manually or using a registry cleaner?

Recent actions: removed then downloaded iTunes after wiping old iPhone 4s clean to use as music player only.
Recent actions: discovered how to convert YouTube music videos to MP3 files then load onto iTunes.

Separate Recent actions of computer: yesterday spybot would not even scan computer saying only "error"
Seperate recent actions of computer: yesterday windows explorer stopped working several times while on web

Were you experiencing any issues with the computer previously?

Best regards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit
New topic now closed:
https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?72602-Spy-boy-2-4-won-t-fix-selected-after-scan-says-Cannot-create-file&p=465587#post465587

"Spybot 2.4 after I run scan says Cannot create file "C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Quarantine.reg". Access is denied

Was working fine last week."

JohndoeVisionary
2015-08-17, 05:20
Hi thanks for the reply... Please , let's stick with this post k

Yesterday I downloaded some YouTube videos and converted them to MP3 files then put them on my iTunes. I also uninstall then reinstall iTunes. I noticed yesterday that explore stop working several times for a few minutes and I had to close the program down and restarted.

No changes to registry whatsoever

tashi
2015-08-17, 05:26
Hello JohndoeVisionary,

Which downloader did you use to get the YouTube videos and convert them?

Why did you need to uninstall and reinstall iTunes?

Best regards.

JohndoeVisionary
2015-08-17, 05:36
Which downloader ? I don't know what you mean. I went on with explorer and clicked download button (lol. Sorry I am not so great with computers)

I bought a new phone, not an I phone. So I erased my old iPhone and reset, then uninstalled from computer and reinstall because it kept bring up old account. (I reg'd with diff email address & name purely to use as a music player for car)

JohndoeVisionary
2015-08-17, 05:58
Oh ok...I see ...I used www.youtubetomp3.com

tashi
2015-08-17, 06:13
Hello JohndoeVisionary,

Why did you need to uninstall and reinstall iTunes?

On the computer or the phone?

Thanks. :)

JohndoeVisionary
2015-08-17, 06:23
I completely erased iPhone 4s to factory settings.

I uninstalled iTunes on computer, then reinstalled iTunes on compute

JohndoeVisionary
2015-08-17, 06:26
After that is when I did the YouTube video to MP3 converting with www.youtubetomp3.com
After that I put on iTunes again then plugged phone into compute to put on phone

tashi
2015-08-17, 06:31
Hi JohndoeVisionary,

It appears that's when the issues started so I'm suggesting that you register at What The Tech and start a topic in the forum Other software (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=124)

Please let the topic subject be pertinent to, Issues after videos converted to MP3 files.

If you do that please provide a link back to this thread. :)

One other question, did you try to reinstall Spybot?

Best regards.

JohndoeVisionary
2015-08-17, 07:04
I'm a bit new, my apologies for posting in the wrong thread.

I have not attempted uninstalling and reinstalling spybot yet... I will right now..
Then post in new area

tashi
2015-08-17, 15:55
Hi JohndoeVisionary,

I'm a bit new, my apologies for posting in the wrong thread.

I have not attempted uninstalling and reinstalling spybot yet... I will right now..
Then post in new area
You are in the right thread here, I provided that link to another site to seek guidance from a tech if you continue to have the same issues; that are not contained to Spybot.

Hi JohndoeVisionary,

It appears that's when the issues started so I'm suggesting that you register at What The Tech and start a topic in the forum Other software (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=124)

Please let the topic subject be pertinent to, Issues after videos converted to MP3 files.

If you do that please provide a link back to this thread. https://forums.spybot.info/images/smilies/smile.png

Best regards. :)