PDA

View Full Version : Old spybot user

dannyboy950
2015-08-18, 01:08
Does team spybot exist anymore I have a report to post or should I use the new tools and post proceduers. I see there have been a lot of changes.
Spybot S&D 2.4.40.130 Windows Vista

tashi
2015-08-18, 01:32
Hello dannyboy950, :welcome:

Which report do you want to post?

Best regards.

dannyboy950
2015-08-19, 18:37
As for myself I have not been here in a long time. I ran a rootkit scan the other day but not shure where to post it anymore. Lots of changes around here.
I have tried over 20 different programs to find my problem if there is one. I am beginning to think it is an outright hack and maybe not any known malware.

Your regular scans come up clean but the rootkit scan shows a lot of unknown files that I do not recognise.
Simply trying to find some help before I am forced to reformat and reinstall.
I am homebound and disabled, my computer is my only link with the outside world. On a fixed income I just have no spare money to spend anymore.
I have spnet close to $2000.00 in the last 2 years just trying to get a working computer I can count on.

Thanks for reading.

By the way this page only partly renders for me the upper boxes have nothing in them. Just so you know.

tashi
2015-08-19, 23:01
Hello dannyboy950,

I have tried over 20 different programs to find my problem if there is one. I am beginning to think it is an outright hack and maybe not any known malware.

Could you describe the symptoms please. :)

Simply trying to find some help before I am forced to reformat and reinstall.
I am homebound and disabled, my computer is my only link with the outside world. On a fixed income I just have no spare money to spend anymore.
I have spnet close to $2000.00 in the last 2 years just trying to get a working computer I can count on.

Sorry to hear that, what kind of computer problems have you sought help with over the past two years?

Your regular scans come up clean but the rootkit scan shows a lot of unknown files that I do not recognise.

The RootAlyzer is an analyst tool, and generally files flagged by the RootAlyzer are not necessarily malicious but rather shows items which it believes to be out of the ordinary and may give a hint for an infection. Even legitimate software may use rootkit technologies.

Let's leave that aside for now until we know more about the issues you've been experiencing with your Vista computer.

Edit

By the way this page only partly renders for me the upper boxes have nothing in them. Just so you know.

Which browser are you using, and the version please. :)