PDA

View Full Version : SCAN does NOT work. HELP PLEASE

tracyn9
2015-09-07, 05:17
I just downloaded Spybot and the *start a scan* is UNCLICKABLE on the system scan window... in the Start center, *system scan* button does not work either...?????????????????????????

niall2
2015-09-07, 12:33
Have you updated Spybot as an administrator at least once?

You can run Spybot as an administrator by right-clicking the Spybot icon and choosing the option to "run as administrator". This must be done to give Spybot the permissions it needs to function correctly.

The System Scan feature is not enabled until a user has downloaded all the available updates at least once. This ensures they are scanning for the full range of malware we have on record.

Bjh879
2015-10-03, 01:50
Can download all updates except one preventing me from getting it done therefore I cannot click on the Start Scan button I guess which is probably an intentional malware tactic

tashi
2015-10-07, 12:25
Hello Bjh879,

Can download all updates except one preventing me from getting it done therefore I cannot click on the Start Scan button I guess which is probably an intentional malware tactic

Which update are you unable to download? Do you have reason to believe the computer may be infected?

Please list:
Version of Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/
The operating system
Other security programs installed
Any issues with the computer's performance

Best regards. :)

sharonc
2015-10-25, 20:08
I also could not make a reply, kept getting message I was 5 words too short. I added 5 words and it still said I was 5 words to short. Free spyware worked the first time I ran it, but now system scan is greyed out, updates keep saying errors, I am set as admin in spybot as mentioned in one other post. I saw one post where someone had paid for the official version and was STILL having these problems. I was seriously thinking about buying it, but now???