PDA

View Full Version : Licence renewal reinstall results in Live Protection overwhelming 2 win7 systems

williamdeleo
2015-09-23, 16:15
Spybot - Search & Destroy+AV version 2.3.39.0
Start Center 2.3.39.130

Yesterday I renewed our license for two Windows 7 machines. The license for the Home version had lapsed for about a month so they were running in free mode. A few days prior to this I ran a BelArc Advisor report and it states that I was running version 2.3.39.0 (same version as now) prior to this renewal process. I had no issues prior. We purchased the new license and installed again on both machines (seemed necessary).

After reinstalling, both machines immediately became inundated with Live Protection windows on the task bar, one after another, more open up until the CPU is pegged and the machine come to a screeching halt, requiring hard reboot at times. I have been able to turn Live Protection off on one machine and am working on getting the other turned off as well. But why would I have issues with Live Protection now, on both machines, but never before?

I pay for the software, and have always loved it, and I would prefer to use all protection features as I always have.

Please advise.

WD

williamdeleo
2015-09-23, 16:43
I turned off Live Protection on machine 2 and tried to restart. It shut down but now hangs on "Starting Windows". This has become a real problem.

tashi
2015-09-24, 20:13
Hello williamdeleo,

Sorry to hear of the problems, have you opened a support ticket?

https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/technical/

Best regards.