PDA

View Full Version : Live Protection system Driver Could not be installed

ibjman
2015-10-08, 03:13
Win 7 64 bit, Service Pack 1

Downloaded paid version of SS&D2 home and installed it. Running scans, etc fine.

Live protection can not run as listed in the title.

I tried renaming the hook dll files as suggested below the start live protection box.........thought I did it correctly but no success, ....screwed those up when I tried to rename them back to original.
Ended up reinstalling SS&D all over again. New scans are running now but Live Protection still won't install.

I searched the forums for a couple hours looking for similar posts before starting a new thread. Forgive me if this has already been addressed & I missed it?

I would appreciate suggestions on how to resolve this.

Kind Regards, Ibjman

tashi
2015-10-08, 10:42
Hello ibjman, :welcome:

Need to ask :) did you enable Live Protection as so: https://www.safer-networking.org/live-protection/

Best regards.

ibjman
2015-10-08, 15:55
I have it working now.

It was found that when trying to start Live Protection, that windows popped up an error saying the windows needed a digitally signed driver for: SDHookDRV64

I worked around it by using the run box to turn off integrity checks as this command: bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON
Once doing that, Live protection could be started and the tray icon is now there.

it's good practice to always have integrity checks running so after getting the live prot. running I re-enabled the checks again in the run box with:
bcdedit /set nointegritychecks OFF

Question: Am I going o have to toggle the integrity checks feature each time I start windows to get the live protection started??????
Or can we get a new driver that shows up as "digitally signed"?

Another question: why does the start center always say: This software is being updated?
Thanks, Ibj...

tashi
2015-10-08, 16:36
Another question: why does the start center always say: This software is being updated?

Hi ibjman,

The antivirus software may update more than once daily.

I'm uncertain about the reason for the SDHookDRV64 issue you are experiencing, could you use the support form please.

https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/technical/

Best regards