PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Repeatedly Disabled (Mystery Solved)

ramping
2015-11-01, 17:59
1. I know this topic is closed and, again, thank you for all your assistance, but I think I would be remiss if I did not provide you with this follow up; it might save time, in the future.

2. I remember that, in addition to your greatly-appreciated efforts, McAfee found 2 viruses on my C: and other problems on my G:, but after my last posting, at this board, the apparent virus-related problems resurfaced, again.

The G: was repeatedly disconnecting, the printer stopped working, the computer kept chiming.

So, I did additional research and the solution finally came to me; I had various devices plugged into a USB 2.0 hub stick and I had the stick plugged into a UBS 3.0 port, at the rear of my computer.

I didn't think it would cause a problem, but according to the research, I shouldn't have done this, because the two were incompatible. Other people who, like me, connected the two encountered similar problems.

So, I plugged the stick into a UBS 2.0 port, instead, and the computer has been running smoothly ever since.

3. So, sorry for, essentially, wasting much of your time.

This issue was new to me (new computer). So, I was at a loss.

Again, sorry for wasting your time and I hope my experience can be a useful learning one, for you, too.

4. Again, though, thanks for all your help!!! :)

- r

Juliet
2015-11-01, 21:21
So glad to hear this got sorted, and for the heads up too.