PDA

View Full Version : what do you mean?

nell1967
2015-12-06, 02:19
what do you mean, his results aren't showing any rootkits? How would an actual rootkit be identitifed - what would it have written next to it? My results just say Registry Keys and Files, like Nye's ones above. SO are mine not rootkits either? I thought a rootkit was anything hidden? I get "no admin in ACL" and "hidden from System32" or something like that. Not been able to delete any of them - tells me I can't, even though I AM the sole administrator and my user has administrator privileges.

tashi
2015-12-06, 06:22
Hello nell1967,

what do you mean, his results aren't showing any rootkits? How would an actual rootkit be identitifed - what would it have written next to it? My results just say Registry Keys and Files, like Nye's ones above. SO are mine not rootkits either? I thought a rootkit was anything hidden? I get "no admin in ACL" and "hidden from System32" or something like that. Not been able to delete any of them - tells me I can't, even though I AM the sole administrator and my user has administrator privileges.

To clarify, are you saying that you are the administrator on the computer or, that you elevated Spybot's permissions (https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?55946-How-can-I-get-administrator-rights)? :)

The RootAlyzer is an analyst tool, are you experiencing issues with the computer?

Best regards.