PDA

View Full Version : Slowly going insane.

nocturne4ever
2015-12-18, 18:52
Riddle me this. Got infected with some kind of malware through Shockwave Flash. Bought Spybot S&D Home edition. It cleaned it up and Quarantined it (then I deleted it) but Chrome and Shockwave Flash and Youtube and twitch.tv streaming are randomly blanking out the video for a few seconds and an orange triangle appears in the tray with a black exclamation mark. Any ideas how to fix this? It's driving me crazy. Gaming doesn't cause this issue so the few web pages I read stating it's low paging file on Windows 7 Ultimate aren't solutions. It seems to only affect Chrome Beta, Shockwave Flash, Youtube/twitch streaming. I've debugged video and monitor drivers, both showing no clear solution.
Anybody have any ideas? This did not happen at all before I bought Spybot Home and it scanned my system. Also, ituneshelper.exe is no longer a process and seems to have been removed by Windows 7 diagnostics tool.

tashi
2015-12-18, 20:13
Hello nocturne4ever, :welcome:

Riddle me this. Got infected with some kind of malware through Shockwave Flash. Bought Spybot S&D Home edition. It cleaned it up and Quarantined it (then I deleted it)

This did not happen at all before I bought Spybot Home and it scanned my system.

Let's try to break the riddle down a little. :) Which came first, the malware?

Also, ituneshelper.exe is no longer a process and seems to have been removed by Windows 7 diagnostics tool.

but Chrome and Shockwave Flash and Youtube and twitch.tv streaming are randomly blanking out the video for a few seconds and an orange triangle appears in the tray with a black exclamation mark. Any ideas how to fix this? It's driving me crazy. Gaming doesn't cause this issue so the few web pages I read stating it's low paging file on Windows 7 Ultimate aren't solutions. It seems to only affect Chrome Beta, Shockwave Flash, Youtube/twitch streaming. I've debugged video and monitor drivers, both showing no clear solution.
Anybody have any ideas?

Do you have reason to believe the computer is currently infected? It sounds more like a software/hardware issue.

Best regards.

nocturne4ever
2015-12-18, 23:05
Yes, before Chrome updated to the latest version, I was using free Spybot S&D 2.x and found Flash/Youtube/twitch.tv shutting off my primary montitor for a few minutes (3 monitors, all the same make and model, all using the same drivers, the other two monitors have never blanked out like the primary is doing when Flash is running). I upgraded to the Home edition of Spybot and it found a malware, after googling it led me to "Magnitude" some sort of Flash malware.

These events aren't happening at all in the latest version of Firefox. But this irks me because I don't particularly like Firefox. I prefer using Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 m.

I have reinstalled my video drivers, updated all Windows 7 drivers in Device Manager (found very few that had new drivers at all).

As I'm writing this. I'm scanning with the latest version of Malwarebytes just in case.

The Chrome+Flash/Video bug seems to kick in after about 10 minutes of viewing a video or playing Marvel Avengers Alliance on FB (Flash game).

I can't think of a single hardware issue that could be occuring. I even removed and replaced my mouse software and uninstalled and then reinstalled my monitor drivers.

The "Magnitude" malware was also resetting my cable internet connection randomly after refreshing the video on the primary monitor. I've done all the debugging and resetting for Chrome that were recommended. It still persists.
Spybot hasn't found anything else and Malwarebytes just finished scanning while I was typing this and it found nothing.

tashi
2015-12-19, 04:09
Hi nocturne4ever,

Someone should take a look at the system in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

Please start a new topic there after reading that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then a volunteer analyst will advise as soon as available, please provide a link to this thread so they know what's going on. :)

Best regards.