PDA

View Full Version : Programme not responding when trying to "fix selected"

cerjxa
2016-02-20, 17:29
Hi,

Have spybot + AV. Running windows 10.
After running a full system scan, I see the items selected. I click on "fix selected items" but nothing seems to happen. I then click to fix again and spybot then shows "not responding". Have tried with 3 full scans and this has happened each time. (I expected the selected items to acquire a green tick to show that they have been fixed).

tashi
2016-03-01, 05:35
Hello cerjxa,

Did you elevate Spybot's permissions?

Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
Choose Run as administrator from the context menu.

Best regards.

einsvonkeiner
2016-03-02, 15:15
I am having the same problem as described above. The following are the details of my experience/problem:

Brand-new Alienware laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed apparently infected with malware out-of-the-box
Spybot 2.4 Home Professional version completes system scan then goes to "Not Responding" when trying to fix problems found
Running Spybot as administrator - no change (still not responding)
Running Spybot in Safe Mode - no change
Running Rkill then Spybot - no change

I have tried to create a boot disc for Spybot, but WAIK file is not installed. When I click on "Download WAIK" only Windows XP and Windows 7 versions are supported (I have Windows 10).
I am now keeping the laptop offline with WiFi disabled so other devices on my home network are not infected.

ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

cerjxa
2016-03-03, 21:49
I right click on spybot and run in administrator mode.
I logged a call for assistance and was advised to run in safe mode.
Did that and got exactly the same...scan finished, clicked on fix selected results and nothing happens. Just get "not responding" and I have to kill spybot. Most frustrating.

cerjxa
2016-03-04, 21:33
Not much point having spybot if, after scanning and identifying problems, it will not fix them!!!!