PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to spybot..

leviman
2016-03-02, 16:17
Id like to use spybot on a regular basis, it comes very HIGHLY recommended from my father, David B., and knowing his computer savvy, that says volumes. However I would like to try it, before I commit to a long term relationship. I am not well versed in computers and their languages' at all, and am afraid it could be far more technical, than my limited knowledge base can handle. I'd like to start small, if at all possible, please. Are there any free, down loadable, tests, than can assess, my Nokia 635 phone? It runs on Microsoft software, and AT&T is the network carrier, if any of that is relevant. It acts kinda funny when I choose a menu prompt from my home screen, almost like it is choosing the prompt twice. It starts to load my choice, and then instantly loads it again. I would appreciate any feedback, or advice, and would love to be able to perform a diagnostic on the above mentioned device. I got a nagging feeling that there is some embedded malware/tracking issues with it that I don't know about. Thank you ever so much for your time and advice on this matter!!��

tashi
2016-03-03, 07:24
Hello leviman, :welcome:

Id like to use spybot on a regular basis, it comes very HIGHLY recommended from my father, David B., and knowing his computer savvy, that says volumes. However I would like to try it, before I commit to a long term relationship. I am not well versed in computers and their languages' at all, and am afraid it could be far more technical, than my limited knowledge base can handle. I'd like to start small, if at all possible, please

You can download the free version of Spybot here: https://www.safer-networking.org/

Are there any free, down loadable, tests, than can assess, my Nokia 635 phone? It runs on Microsoft software, and AT&T is the network carrier, if any of that is relevant. It acts kinda funny when I choose a menu prompt from my home screen, almost like it is choosing the prompt twice. It starts to load my choice, and then instantly loads it again. I would appreciate any feedback, or advice, and would love to be able to perform a diagnostic on the above mentioned device. I got a nagging feeling that there is some embedded malware/tracking issues with it that I don't know about. Thank you ever so much for your time and advice on this matter!!��

Microsoft Mobile Devices forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia?tab=Threads

Best regards.