PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 with 2.4 spybot

mjackson
2016-03-16, 12:00
I just bought a computer that had windows 10 already installed. I downloaded the 2.4 spybot. I read that another icon would come up on my desktop called Post windows 10, but it never did. Do I need to find it and install that also?

PeterFterniatis
2016-03-17, 22:10
you need to uninstall spybot and goto start/settings/system/about under related services click on [Additional Administrated tools] click on [Component Services] then click on [Services (local)] scroll down until you see [Security Center] right click on it click stop right click on Security center again goto properitys change the startup type to Disabled click apply and wah-lah reinstall spybot it should work

mjackson
2016-03-18, 23:32
you need to uninstall spybot and goto start/settings/system/about under related services click on [Additional Administrated tools] click on [Component Services] then click on [Services (local)] scroll down until you see [Security Center] right click on it click stop right click on Security center again goto properitys change the startup type to Disabled click apply and wah-lah reinstall spybot it should work

I did as you instructed, and right now it is doing a full scan, but do I need to go back in to my system and change the properties back to how they were originally at any time?? My computer is telling me that the windows security service needs to be started,

mjackson
2016-03-20, 09:29

I did exactly what you said to do, but it still didnt give me the extra icon for the post 10 install. I am using the free version of 2.4. My concern is that I changed what you said in security, and since it didnt work, do I need to go back in and change it back to how it was originally? Also, is not having the extra update going to cause me problems??